The Eleventh Plague by Jeff Hirsh | Teen Ink

The Eleventh Plague by Jeff Hirsh

By Thomas1818 BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan
Thomas1818 BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan

When was the last time you fell asleep while reading a book? The Eleventh Plague, by Jeff Hirsh, it is a boring sci-fi book. It is about a plague that was dropped on the United States by the Chinese that released P11. The P11 was a huge gas bomb that contained a disease that killed of ? of the U.S population. A boy named Stephen and his dad and grandpa all survived it and had to now survive out in the wild. Stephen’s grandpa was always the one to make the decisions, until he suddenly passes. Stephen’s dad suffers from a terrible injury, so Stephen is left to make his own decisions for the first time, probably because he's only 15 years old. Stephen ends up in a weird place called Settler’s Landing; this place is to nice to be in a middle of a collapse. He meets up with a girl named Jenny and they end up leaving Settler’s Landing and into the wild where they find a old barn. They end up doing mischievous things and have a chance of getting in trouble.

The first part of the book was like reading a bedtime lullaby. When I was reading I was thinking “when can I be done reading” because it did not grab my attention at all. This got a little better towards the end when there started to be more action and cliffhangers, but in my opinion it took too long to begin getting interesting. If there was one thing Hirsh did well it would probably be that he wrote it in a way that was easy to comprehend. I wouldn’t recommend this book to anyone other than bookworms who read any book anyway. If you're not a bookworm then don’t read this book because it’s a one out of ten stars, and was not interesting.