Maximum Ride by James Patterson | Teen Ink

Maximum Ride by James Patterson

By Lexa.s BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan
Lexa.s BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan

In Maximum Ride, by James Patterson, there are twelve main characters, but the main character out of all of them is Maximum. Max is a nickname, but Max is a girl. Maximum Ride is an action type book, and the book is about Max alone with her friends/family Gazzy, Nudge, Iggy, Angel, Dylan, Fang, and Total( Angel’s dog). Max and her friends were “born” in a lab, and what they were born into was that they were 98% human and 2% bird. Being 2% bird means that they could fly because they have wings that come out from their backs. They all escaped one day from the lab and has been on the run ever since. The lab is determined to get them back, and they also created another creature called Erasers, which are like wolflike creatures that have been chasing them ever since they have escaped.

My thoughts on the book is that it is a great book for any ages, because if you’re under eight this book also is in a graphic novel which is like a comic book. The book is really fun to read because they’re like hybrid creatures running away from their creators, but at the same time, there are some minor events that make it more exciting. The way that Patterson wrote the characters really made the book come together. I really hope that you would read it.