Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury

Fahrenheit 451, by Ray Bradbury, tells the story of Guy Montag, a fireman living in a dystopian future where books are banned and firemen are the ones who enforce it. In this future, firemen burn books and homes, citizens are glued to their TVs, and you only know what the government wants you to. Throughout, the story Guy begins to see the error of his and society's ways; he begins to rebel by reading the books instead of burning them. This, of course, gets him into a fair amount of trouble.

This book was extremely well-written giving us an amazing world that's frighteningly close to our own. One of the things I liked most about this book was that it's a sci-fi novel written in the 50s. The fact that it was written so long ago, and was meant to take place in a time that's already passed, makes you truly think about the state of our world and the ways it relates back to the story, and the ways it has, or hasn’t, come true. Another thing I enjoy about this book is the writing itself. The way Bradbury used words was truly fabulous. It was easy enough to read and not over complicated in a way that kept the story moving, and yet told all of it and skipped nothing. And I also loved all the metaphors and the way he would describe things such as the setting, people and especially the emotion of the story. This book was absolutely amazing and is recommended to anyone who really wants to think and will appreciate doing so.