Head First Java by Bert Bates and Kathy Sierra | Teen Ink

Head First Java by Bert Bates and Kathy Sierra

An amusing part of being a programmer is that everything seems to be logical. You think like what computer will think like. Knowing only one programming language is not enough to sustain your job in this field. A couple of months ago, I wanted to learn about Java - widely used Object Oriented Programming Language. Problem was that I was a rookie. Didn’t have enough experience with other programming languages.  Bert Bates and Kathy Sierra were the real help. Their book Head First Java made everything easy.

An open-minded book, written in simplified English for a better understanding of the concept, delivers the user basic knowledge of not only programming languages but also helps one to understand the core component of the computer. Understanding the syntax of a programming language is important in order to understand or get a grasp of the basics of that particular programming language. It will teach you everything in metacognition way - will help you to think how to think.

Funny facts, jokes and comparing the given situation to the real-life problem makes this book really interesting to read. Also, every chapter has its own jocular punchlines!  Once you will start reading, it will feel like the authors are continually making you laugh and that situations will act as glue, keeping your hands glued to the book. It is really a wonderful book, to begin with, because of the way it breakdowns the difficult concepts involved in Java. Most importantly Multiple Threading- which is why Java is famous for.

Programmers are really lazy, but when it comes to solving logical problems, it is a nick of an iceberg for them. Head First java delivers you challenges and questions that you can solve to keep your both part of your brain busy -If one part is resting, then it won’t be fun. Right? I would say that this book is pretty neat when it comes to drawing the reader's attention and sticking every concept of Java into the user’s head. You can also read this on a Mobile device or your tablet.

If you are a beginner like me, this book will come so handy. One drawback (I would prefer to it as its plus point) of this book is that this is not written in technical text. But understanding the concept is more important. I would say that this the perfect book you can get your hands on whether you are an absolute beginner or a professional.

Doesn't matter whether you are an absolute beginner or not, Head First series is always out there for your help.