Double by Jenny Valentine | Teen Ink

Double by Jenny Valentine

September 22, 2017
By alisonle BRONZE, Arlington, Texas
alisonle BRONZE, Arlington, Texas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

I read a book titled Double written by Jenny Valentine. This book is told extremely well with vivid imagery that it is just a bit disturbing. This book made me love a genre that I did not even know I liked. The book in my opinion was great because every twist made me get really into it. The author wrote this book with so many plot twists and mysteries that after every chapter you find out something so shocking that your face will show all types of mix emotions which were usually shock and anger. I always thought that I knew the ending until the next chapter rolled around, and then at the final chapter my predictions were off farther than I expected. I feel like the ending chapters could be better because it was not as detailed as the rest of the book. Also, I feel that the author left the readers hanging with the ending which is not necessarily a bad thing because it made me think especially with these last words  “‘Yes Mum’ I said ‘Yes. I think it’s me’” (Valentine 246). Those words made me think of questions like what was going to happen to the family and how will they ever get past these events. The theme was said in the book “You can’t just steal a life. You can’t be somebody else and get away with it. In the end, you have to give it all back” (Valentine 217). I think the theme is that you can not just pretend to be someone else without somebody else noticing and eventually you have to get back to your own life.