The Fever Code by James Dashner | Teen Ink

The Fever Code by James Dashner

By marquis1030 BRONZE, Arlington, Texas
marquis1030 BRONZE, Arlington, Texas

The book, The Fever Code, is a prequel to the book The Fever Code , and it was definitely a book to remember. The book is mainly about protagonists Thomas and Teresa working for the evil organization named WICKED and how they helped build the maze. But even though that is the main story of the book, there are also some other things that I really liked such as how you can understand the connections between the characters and their friendships with one another, such as how Thomas’ real name is Stephen, and you learn why he changed it, and you also learn how Thomas became best friends with protagonist Chuck, who plays a major role in the series, regardless if all of their memories are wiped away (this is not a spoiler, as this is told in The Maze Runner). Even though the book is mainly about facts and understanding why this and that happened, it becomes interesting after a while. For example, you realize something. The book says, “‘I’m sorry, but we just need the girl. Lizzy…’” (Dashner 5), “‘Grab them both, dammit,’ one of the men finally said. ‘They can use the other one as a control subject’” (Dashner 6). There’s also this: “He pointed at Newt. ‘That one’s not immune!’” (Dashner 92). You learn that Newt  has a sibling, and this also explains why he’s at WICKED, even though he’s not immune like the rest of the kids.  I find this interesting because it shows me that little details like that can actually make a difference in the story, and that’s why I like this prequel (even though it’s only my first). Despite how great the storyline is and how the author organizes the timeline by showing a time and date in each chapter, this book was not a favorite of mine. I say this because I, personally, don’t like reading prequels all that much because if you read the sequels, those suspenseful moments are very predictable, so when you see the protagonist hanging off the edge
of a cliff or near the brink of death, most of the time you already know they’re going to live if you read the sequels. Plus, I’m a fan of action/adventure books, and this book is pretty boring to me because there’s a bit of drama and a lot of facts. If you’re like me, then you probably won’t be as interested, but if you have a liking for dramatic and factual fiction novels or just a die-hard Maze Runner fan, then The Fever Code is a book you don’t want to miss out on!

on Sep. 26 2017 at 6:46 pm
Realjay41 DIAMOND, Culpeper , Virginia
I love the maze runner series so I'll read the book.

GMother said...
on Sep. 26 2017 at 4:12 pm
Great Job Quis!!!!