The Crossover by Kwame Alexander | Teen Ink

The Crossover by Kwame Alexander

By SavannahS BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana
SavannahS BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana

"Never give up because great things take time".

I was never really interested in basketball until the Crossover came out. I have always thought about it just being a sport that you can play in gym or an after school activity. But just reading the Crossover made my heart jump up and down for more.

The Crossover is about a teenage boy named Joshua Bell “Filthy McNasty”, who loves basketball and has a twin brother Jordan Bell. His father is a man named Chuck “Da Man” Bell who used to be a very successful NBA basketball player.

The authors style will have you screaming for more. In time the book will be over but we all learn something important that we can’t ever forget. Even though times cause hard ones, we have to move forward.

The Crossover is a written book from Josh’s point of view. It feels as if every move a character makes or what a character feels is happening right in front of you.

In my opinion The Crossover is the best book that I have ever read because their is care, love and getting to know the characters is the best part.

The theme of the book is that moving on is what’s important in life because whether it’s the best or worst time of our lives it’s the only time that we have.