The Five People you Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom | Teen Ink

The Five People you Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom

September 15, 2017
By BrennaK BRONZE, MUSKEGON, Michigan
BrennaK BRONZE, MUSKEGON, Michigan
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

In Mitch Albom’s novel The Five People you Meet in Heaven is a fiction novel. Eddie  meets five people who each teach him a lesson on his way to heaven.


The first lesson he gets is “Everything happens for a reason”. This person's death was caused because of something Eddie did and Eddie didn’t even know, and now that he has died this person is teaching him a lesson. The second lesson is “Sacrifices are apart of life” this lesson is given to him from his Captain in the army. The reason he gets this lesson is because he sacrifices his leg for all the people around him. The third lesson Eddie learns is the importance of granting forgiveness. This lesson really makes him realize he should’ve forgave his dad when he had the chance because now him and his dad are both gone. The fourth lesson is “The power of love”. Eddie learns that this lesson is very important because when you are living your life you need to love everyone and that is very important for a good life. The last and most important lesson Eddie learns is “His life had a purpose”. This lesson is very important to understand because he kept the children safe at the pier, and he did what he could there. Life is what you make it.


This book was very interesting and really does teach you lessons in life. I highly recommend this book to people who would like a fast read and are into more memorable or moving books.