The Fault In Our Stars by John Green

By bo_olsen PLATINUM, St George, Utah
bo_olsen PLATINUM, St George, Utah

"I Solemnly Swear That I Am Up To No Good"

“I’m like a grenade. And when I blow up, I’m going to hurt everyone in my path.”

The Fault In Our Stars is not your typical romance book. Hazel Grace Lancaster is a sixteen year old girl with lung cancer. Ever since she was thirteen, she has had to carry around an oxygen tank to breath.

Hazel’s mother sends her off to a support group for kids with cancer, and that’s where she meets Augustus Waters, a seventeen boy who lost one of his legs to cancer.

Throughout the book, Hazel refuses to let Augustus close to her, in fear of hurting him when she dies.
After their very romantic trip to Amsterdam to meet Hazel’s favorite author, Peter Van Houten (who turns out to be a total jerk), Augustus has a relapse, his cancer coming back full force.

The Fault In Our Stars is a beautiful book full of humor, happiness, and tragedy.

on Sep. 4 2017 at 7:10 pm
WolfWhisperer0911 DIAMOND, Crosby, Texas

"For I command you, be brave and steadfast! For the Lord your God will be with you whenever you go."
-Joshua 1:9

"Throw me to the wolves, and I'll return leading the pack."- Unknown

"Never moon a werewolf." -Mike Binder

@bo_olsen I am happy to help! :)

on Sep. 3 2017 at 9:09 pm
bo_olsen PLATINUM, St George, Utah

Ok, thank you for the advice!

on Sep. 3 2017 at 3:00 pm

-Joshua 1:9

"Never moon a werewolf." -Mike Binder

@bo_olsen Good review, but there is one advice that covers up everything: Give more details. I know that it can boring with more research or having more about the story, but it comes a long way because people would understand more about it and maybe be a little curious to learn more about the story. Yet, I wouldn't give the spoilers since then it would make it no longer make the character curious what happens in the story.

MacMillan Books

Aspiring Writer? Take Our Online Course!