The Houseom Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros | Teen Ink

The Houseom Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros

"The House on Mango Street" by Sandra Cisneros is about a young girl named Esperanza trying to find herself through a series of adventures throughout the book. I believe people should read this book because it is written in small chapters that is easy to read for people at all ages. "The House on Mango Street" is a very inspiring book.
A young girl named Esperanza covers her life raising up in Chicago with Hispanic cultured people. She lives in a low outcome neighborhood and throughout the book there is many events going on mango street. They go through many adventures with friends and families and at the end of the book Esperanza finally figures out the life she wants for her self.

Her friend Sally, is a young girl that wants freedom but yet wants to find love and get married. Her father is very strict and abuses her if she does not obey him. She one day snuck out and found the love she wants to marry. When she marries him, he doesn't give her the freedom and doesn't even let her look out the window but she is happy she is finally married to someone because all she wanted was love.

Esperanza's tumultuous friendship with Sally leads her to emotional humiliation and betrays Esperanza. She later went back to her less mature friends and found that she doesn't belong at Mango street. She found what she wanted to do with her life and wanted to purchase a home that was safe and clean. Esperanza got a fortune saying she was gonna come back and make it a better place.

In conclusion, "The House on Mango Street" is a very interesting and emotional toned book that talks about a young Hispanic girl finding out what she wants to do with her life and herself.