Maximum Ride | Teen Ink

Maximum Ride

March 30, 2009
By meganxox SILVER, Park City, Utah
meganxox SILVER, Park City, Utah
8 articles 0 photos 14 comments

Maximum ride is a series of five. (The Angel Experiment, School’s Out Forever, Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports, Final Warning, and Max) The series is about bird-like mutant flying kids, who get into all sorts of mischief. I haven’t read the other four but I bet their good.

In James Patterson’s thrilling novel Final Warning, Max goes to Antarctica to help save the world. The world needs saving from global warming. Max, the flock, and a team of scientists go over to Antarctica to study the ice and the patterns of it and etc.

One day Angel (a flock member) flies around with the flock’s dog Total and the scientists dog Akila. She lands on an island and gets trapped in a crevasse. After a while Max and Fang get suspicious because Angel hasn’t come back yet. They get nervous and go fly around Antarctica in a bad snow storm. It takes them only about 30 to 20 minutes to find a group of penguins around that crevasse that Angel and the dogs were trapped in.

While Max and Fang are getting them out the snow storm gets worse. So after they get them out they jump back in the crevasse and try to keep warm. They both were just about to fall asleep until a man named Gozen captures them for the Uber-Director to auction them off.

This time they go to Miami. But, they don’t know why they are going. What they also don’t know that there is a hurricane heading for Miami. So while there being auctioned off, the hurricane hits and it helps the flock escape and survive.

I really suggest that you read this series: Maximum Ride. It won’t normally take a person that long to read it because it is so thrilling and suspenseful. I highly suggest you read other titles by the author James Patterson, as well.