Mark of the Thief by Jennifer A. Nielson | Teen Ink

Mark of the Thief by Jennifer A. Nielson

May 15, 2017
By Cinimod SILVER, Vauxhall, Alberta
Cinimod SILVER, Vauxhall, Alberta
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The Mark of the Thief is an suspenseful and intricate book filled magic. It is full of mysteries and adventure. This amazing page turner starts of with a rebellious slave named Nicolas Calva, who is enslaved  in the mines near Rome. When a new cave discovered, Nic is forced to enter.  With a creature lurking in the bottom, creating strange noises. That previous slaves spotted, as well as large pile treasure, untouched.  When Nic lowered in, he is very anxious to leave. But is he going to take a leave from life or die in the cave first. Spoilers, he makes it but that is just the beginning of a new life filled with adventure. On the way to Rome, Nic and the mysterious creature are now owned by a man named Felix. He and his hired guard are transporting them to the amphitheater to fight to the death. Will he escape or will he die or even live a peaceful life.

If this hasn’t hooked you to this book, you don’t like books. This book has a little bit of everything from gore to adventure to “I was not expecting that moments”. This book is not a history book like any one would expect. It adds Roman and Greek Mythology.It takes you back to what it really was like back then. Find out how this epic, 3 book series will end you, have to read them all.

These are the tales of Nicolas Calva, so will he reveal the secrets of Julius Caesar’s lost treasure and the secrets to how he created the Roman Empire.


The author's comments:

This book was recomend to me and it was well worth my time. I finished this book in under 3 days! Jennifer A. Nielsen is a great wirter, who can really capture an audience.


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 0 comments.