The Rogue Lawyer by John Grisham | Teen Ink

The Rogue Lawyer by John Grisham

By Whit27 BRONZE, San Rammon, California
Whit27 BRONZE, San Rammon, California

Do you think the life of a street lawyer is boring? Think again, In the book rogue lawyer Sebastian Rudd lives a dangerous exhilarating life. John grisham did a great job of keeping the book serious and interesting. While Rudd is working his cases his life is all we in danger. Grisham keeps you guessing throughout the book. There is always something happening you won't want to put the book down.

Sebastian Rudd has had a troubled past. The last time he worked in a firm. Someone burnt it to the ground. Now he trusts no one but his clients and Partner. His office is now a van with lots of added accessories. This gives him the ability to stay away from any threats. He had a wife who was also a lawyer and a son, but they divorced. She started claiming that he was unfit to be apparent she brought it to court to get rid of him custody. He thinks being raised by two moms is not good for his son clarice and is making him soft. He strongly dislikes his ex-wife and wants to prove her wrong.

Grisham makes the language in this book simple. The only complicated words are terms that lawyers use. Even though the language is simple no details are spared. With simplicity and symbolism John Grisham uses lots of sensory details that create imagery. You can read the book to find out how that ends. The language in this book also is important to the symbolism and points grisham makes about discrimination. When Rudd takes a case involving a gothic rebellious child his chances seem slim. The judge and the jury all think that because he looks the way he looks he obviously did the crime. Even with his odds Rudd takes the case and fights.

In The Rogue Lawyer Grisham uses several different stories to convey several different themes, moods, and plots. Each story represents people in society that are commonly discriminated against. Or are not well liked by society. Grisham made this book symbolise how discrimination is wrong. Rudd stands up for the people that nobody else will stand up for and represents them. He listened to their side of the story and believes them.

When the book starts out it gives us the feeling that we know Sebastian Rudd. Grisham tells readers about his living situation and any problems he is facing. That gives an idea of what he might be thinking and his personality. It also sets the stage for the seriousness of the book that is coming up. Grisham writes the book with multiple stories making up the entire book. This makes the book flow better and gives readers a change of scenery. You're not following one story through the book but multiple all linked by Sebastian Rudd.

Not all of Grisham's books are similar. The rogue lawyer is similar to the Racketeer in the way that it is action packed and has a fast pace. This makes for an interesting book that all readers will like. The Rouge Lawyer is very mature because of the language and references. There are no spared details especially if it is a crime scene.  I would recommend this to anyone Fourteen and up.

John Grisham leaves readers astonished after each story. He uses excellent language for character development and plot development. Every single theme is different. I suggest you go buy or check this book out. The Rogue Lawyer is an excellent book that will draw readers in after the first page.

By far my favorite book.