A Child Called It | Teen Ink

A Child Called It

By Chasity Sanchez BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado
Chasity Sanchez BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado

'I never felt as safe and as warm as the moment in time, at the Russian River.' That was the last time Dave Pelzer felt safe beside his momma. First it was just a time out in the corner; in the end he almost lost his life at the age of twelve. By the age of six his mother played twisted, torturous games with him. While his mom would lie around drunk he would do back breaking work a six year old shouldn't do. Wasn't that enough for a heartless mother? No, beaten, starved, gassed, burned and stabbed, even there she didn't end it. How much further would she take it? Dave or as his mom called him 'IT' asked himself everyday will I live through the night? Do I want to live through the next day?

This book is a shocker, and it's based on a true story. There are twists and turns in this book to keep you wondering what will happen next. When you think it's going to get better, it only gets worse. This book was sad and it opened my eyes more because to this very day one of my best friends is beaten almost every night. Now it makes me want to speak up and say something. This book would be a good book and I highly recommend it to everyone. By the second chapter you will have tears in your eyes. A Child Called 'It', is one of the best book I have read.

This inspired me because i have expierenced abuse and so have my friends. If you know anyone who is beaten speak up and say something.