Eclipse By Stephenie Meyer | Teen Ink

Eclipse By Stephenie Meyer

By Jessica Dill BRONZE, Rochester, New York
Jessica Dill BRONZE, Rochester, New York

'Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice. From what I've tasted of desire, I hold with those who favor fire. But if I had to perish twice I think I know enough hate to say that for destruction ice is also great and would suffice.'

Eclipse is the third book to the twilight series.

Victoria seeks revenge on Edward for killing her love James. She comes for Bella with a rising newborn vampire army. While Edward's family is fighting for their lives and Bella's safety, she, Edward, Jacob and, Seth are hiding from Victoria and her comrade Riley. In the end Edward kills Victoria, Seth kills Riley, and the rest if the Cullen's killed the new born army.

Alice is a great character with a unique personality and the ability to see the future, her boyfriend Jasper, has the ability to make people (or anything else) calm, or any other emotion, Rosalie on the other hand is jealous, mean, perfect, and has her perfect man Emmett (who is the strongest vampire so far). Edward is different from his brothers and sisters; he has the ability to read minds but can't read Bella's. Edward is in love and soon to be married to Bella. Carisle is the oldest vampire of there coven and he can stand to be around blood of humans everyday because he is a doctor; he is also married to Esme. Esme is basically the mom of the coven. That leaves the Quileuts, they are shape shifters that turn into wolves, and they help fight the battle against Victoria and her army. In this book my favorite character is Seth (one of the wolves); he is my favorite because he saves Bella's life in the end and gets hurt from fighting Riley. I would also say Seth because he is funny nice and funny. The character I like the least would be Rosalie because she acts selfish and is rude to Bella she also acts alone and absorbed in her own little world.

I would recommend this book to people who like fiction, the Twilight series, the movie, and fans of the series, this book I would also recommend this to teenagers because this book is a higher level of reading. I would rate this book a five out of five because I love this book and the rest of the series, it is also greatly written with awesome detail.

I love the Twilight seriers its my favorite series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! is the Host a good book??????

DQfromHell said...
on Nov. 17 2009 at 10:48 am
AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! THe book is so beter than anything. PS i love edward cellen

Mandiella DIAMOND, Plaistow, New Hampshire

Don't waste time. Start procrastinating now.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so sick and tired of hearing about the Twilight saga! There are plenty of books that are even better than it.

on Mar. 30 2009 at 2:27 am
xwordlyxwondersx, Stratford, Connecticut
The Host is an excellent novel, especially if you enjoy reading the style of Stephenie Meyer. It's similar to the Twilight saga, in the sense that the main characters are primarily involved in a series of seemingly never-ending difficult obstacles, particularly a love triangle.

The book is, however, classified as "Adult Science-Fiction", so the themes and styles are a bit more mature than those in Twilight, New Moon, etc. However, if you're the type who can handle that mature subject matter, than you'll adore this book.

I really recommend it, it's amazing :].