Heroes Don't Run | Teen Ink

Heroes Don't Run

In the story Heroes Don't RUN, by Harry Mazer there is a boy named Adam he is only 17 years old but he wants to go into the marines. His mom and grandpa are against it because they rely on past, However theirs an irony because instead of him having to wait until he is eighteen someone from his family decides to help him take a chance. Adams main reason for joining the marines is also for the same reasons why his mother and grandpa didn't want him to go afraid of the past also becoming their future. When he wanted to join he never taught about how it would work out, he didn't know how'd it turn out and how many hardships would come with that. This book is interesting for teens adults and anyone who is planning to go in the marines or that have someone over their. Heroes don't run to me is an amazing story because this boy who you may have different expectations of, ends up proving that many ambitions could make you do things you don't even think you'd be able to. Adam is a brave hero he continues daily continuing with what he plans to and that's to fight for his country, while he's working his way into the marines he meets a girl , who he falls in love with but he doesn't know what shell think about him if he where to say that he loves her.
The book is dramatic and also romantic , I enjoyed it and would recommend it to teens, parents and the wife's who's husbands are fighting for their country they are heroes. Many people don't understand that while they are over there they have many stuff happen to them. Weth.er Adam will survive or not, you won't know unless you read it.

emmabug said...
on May. 14 2017 at 1:17 pm
loved this story and the whole series! you need to read it bog and girl

on Mar. 28 2016 at 9:16 pm
I love you noodle you did so good I'll make a teen ink account and we can start writing poems together -lucyrobinson14