The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton | Teen Ink

The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton

By jennifer farzande BRONZE, San Jose, California
jennifer farzande BRONZE, San Jose, California

I the book 'The Outsiders' by S.E Hinton took place in Tulsa Oklahoma during the late 50's and early 60's. It is about a young teenage boy named Ponyboy who is in a gang called The Greasers with his friends and his two brothers. Ponyboy is the youngest out of his three brothers, Sodapop is the middle child and the oldest brother is Darry. Darry took care of Ponyboy and Sodapop because their mom and dad died in an accident a few years ago. After their parents died they joined the Greasers. The Greasers are a lower class gang who hates the Socs, an upper class gang. One day while Ponyboy and his best friend Johnny are out they bump in to some members of The Socs. Since Ponyboy was getting beat up, Johnny has to protect him but he ends up stabbing Ponyboy's attacker and killing him. Both The Socs and The Greasers flee from the scene and instead of Ponyboy and Johnny turning themselves in they end up hiding from the police in an old abandoned church and they even bleached their so nobody can recognize them. I would recommend 'The Outsiders' to anyone who likes inspirational books or if you like to read books with a lot of different twists. Besides the violent fighting scenes 'The Outsiders' by S.E. Hinton is the type of book that kept you interested throughout the whole story and it was a great book with a shocking conclusion plus 192 pages of excitement!

drakej52 said...
This article is pretty true. I love this book. It is one of my favorites in the whole intire universe. U did great at a review Jenny! good job!