Live Original by Sadie Robertson | Teen Ink

Live Original by Sadie Robertson

By Ashleywickenheiser BRONZE, Vauxhall, Alberta
Ashleywickenheiser BRONZE, Vauxhall, Alberta

Live Original is about Seventeen year old Sadie Robertson, who stars on the show Duck Dynasty and daughter of Willie and Korie Robertson.  In her book Live Original  she tells you about her outlook on life and she talks about staying true to her beliefs and values and shares what makes her life so unique.

Sadie Robertson wrote about her true passions and stories about growing up that all taught us more about how a well respected teenager should be, even while growing up on Duck Dynasty and becoming famous. Sadie Robertson’s respect for her family and friends is very high, with faith that  influences her choices. In this book, Sadie tells about her values instilled by her family that make her the person she is.

Some of the things Sadie wrote about was the simple list of things that lead her to personal and religious growth and allow the relationships she has with her friends and family to grow. These values include think happy, be happy, dream big, shake the hate, do something, and many more.

Sadie has become a huge role model and inspires kids all over. One of my favorite quotes from  her book is “Anybody can quit. Only a real champion and a person of character and strength can keep going and refuse to give up.”

I definitely recommend this book to some girls in my class because it’s really inspiring and tells you to stand up for what you believe in.  It was a bit slow at times but overall a good book to read.