Night by Elie Wiesel | Teen Ink

Night by Elie Wiesel

“Night” by Elie Wiesel is a story about a young boy in the holocaust going through his journey losing loved ones along the way and overcoming it until he is eventually liberated.  I found the story to be very boring and long for how short it was.  I found it boring because of the slow start then the transition to the camp took a long time to explain.  The story overall wasn’t very good in my opinion, not only because of it being boring but because it was such a abrupt ending and the way everyone thought about.  Some things are better off not being wrote about.  There was some good about the book though; there was very excellent description sometimes it was a little much but it was very good.  It was pretty well written other than the end there was a lot of great material.  I really like how well the author remembers everything and puts it to your perspective.  I wish the story would have went on to more of a present say look on him so we could get help and understand what he had to go through once he was liberated.  So many questions could be asked and answered like “did he move into his old home”?  “did he go to a orphanage”?  the was a poor  on the authors part.  I also wonder did he get these prizes for the book because people felt bad for him?  Overall the book was probably a 5/10 for me.