Percy Jackson and the Titan's Curse by Rick Riordan | Teen Ink

Percy Jackson and the Titan's Curse by Rick Riordan

March 4, 2017
By Anonymous

It looks like Rick Riordan has done it again, and with flying colours, returning to Percy Jackson for the explosive third installment to his series!

 

We start our journey following Annabeth, Percy and the newly ressurected Thalia Grace, heading to Westover Hall, a military school with a suspicious-looking teacher named Dr. Thorn. No prizes in guessing the location of the monster! 

 

Unfortunately, an originally well-made plan goes out the window when Dr. Thorn attacks, capturing the two demigods he had been looking to kill for so long and managing to nab Percy as well. Things were looking bleak for our heroes until they are saved by the Hunters of Artemis, with the goddess herself leading them! But, try as they might, the Hunters could not stop the evil Dr. Thorn from sending Annabeth of the cliff with him, thus starting another action-packed quest with skeletal kittens, rubber rats and cactus-munching boars!

 

I absolutely loved this book to bits, as the concept, the wordplay and the backstories were all just magical. Rick Riordan certainly didn't drop the ball and wove a tale strong enough to laugh, panic and cry with every single one of the characters, with every chapter left with a cliffhanger, or something to remember for later chapters, the littlest thing leaving the biggest spash! All in all, it's the best book I've read in a long time. I might be exaggerating, though. After all, I haven't read the reast of Rick's books yet... I give it five stars and a Celestial bronze sword!