Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling | Teen Ink

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone is a great book that is written by J.K. Rowling. It is a fantasy literature about a young boy learning about his real life. He has lived with muggles(humans) most of his life, however, that all changes when he finds out he is a wizard. He is brought to a wizarding school called Hogwarts and starts his adventures. He meets friends and professors that will help him become a better wizard.

Eventually, in the book Harry meets his friends Ron and Hermione. Hermione is a genius in the wizarding school but, Ron, not so much. The first year students in Hogwarts are 11 to twelve years of age and Harry Just had his 11th birthday. They are all new to Hogwarts and they aren’t afraid of adventure, especially when they are with Harry. After they all meet each other they will find out the big adventures and dangers that await them.
In the story, Harry Potter first has to fight with Malfoy, a bully in his grade. However, that is the least of their troubles. When Harry dueled Malfoy at midnight he stumbled upon a three-headed dog trying to hide because he wasn’t supposed to be up. He later learned the dog was guarding the Sorcerer’s stone. When Harry gets the next set of challenges he finds Quirrell. He thought it would be snapped but Voldemort was living inside of Quirrel the whole time. When Voldemort goes to kill Harry, Voldemort starts to burn. Harry ended up defeating Voldemort because his parent's love was so strong.

This story was the beginning of an era of adventurous books. Harry defeats Voldemort in the first book, however, that wasn’t the end of it. In the upcoming books, Voldemort is still causing trouble and Harry and his friends take on more adventures. Next time his parents love might not be enough to stop the evil Voldemort. You should find out what happens in later books because these books are memorable. The upcoming stories can get even more dangerous and excited.

Overall, this book was a great story and it opens a floodgate to all the other books J.K. Rowling has written. Harry and his friends at Hogwarts go on many adventures. The conclusion of the story showed the power of love. I would definitely recommend it to any reader who likes some action in their book.