Killer Pizza by Greg Taylor | Teen Ink

Killer Pizza by Greg Taylor

March 2, 2017
By Anonymous

“Killer Pizza” by Greg Taylor is a horror novel where the tone and mood begin to fill up readers with dread or fear. This novel is taking place in a suburban Ohio community called Hidden Hills. The action in “Killer Pizza” takes place at Toby’s House, Killer Pizza restaurant, and around the town of Hidden Hills. In the novel, they do not specify what year this was taken place, but the events seem to occur in the 1990s.


Some of the characters that I have encountered in this story are Toby, Annabel, Strobe, and Doug. The major characters in this novel are Toby and Annabel, and the minor characters are Strobe and Doug. First off, we have Toby which he is a 14-year-old who likes to cook and make delicious food. His only reference to making good meals was the Food Network channel. His personality is very shy and honestly hides the fact of his talent that he has. Next, we have Annabel, which is also 14 years old, she is one of the cool kids at the school that Toby goes to. She has a very outgoing, cheerful, and happy personality when it comes to feelings. Also, she is nice to anyone and everyone that she sees, but when it comes to school she is very sharp. As a friendship between Toby and Annabel, they are both good friends.


Following up, we have Strobe which is one of two minor characters. Strobe is 15 years old and is a very tall dude also he has a well shaped and cared body. Finally, we have Doug who is the owner of Killer Pizza but for some reason, you don’t see him as often at the joint. His personality is very similar to Toby’s shy and quiet.


Now I will tell How the events unfold, commence, and escalate. So basically at the start of this story, we are introduced to new characters and giving away the setting so you can set the scene. For the rising action, Toby finds a summer job over at a pizza parlor where he meets Strobe and Annabel which are there to work and help out Toby but it changes. At the climax, Toby, Annabel, and Strobe find out that they do not only work at a pizza place they also find out that they work at this monster killing organization which is lead by Doug one of the minor characters. This problem is later on then resolved by them quitting this job. As for the falling action, later on, Toby, Annabel, and Strobe decide that they don’t want to work in the MCOs (Monster Combat Officers).


In conclusion, my opinion on this book is that this is a very entertaining book and you will be amazed at what would happen. Like at around the first few chapters a lot of things didn’t really change for a while but once you got through the halfway point of this book you cannot put it down. I would recommend this book to anyone that likes their novels full of different plot twists and a good source of humor. I think the public would enjoy reading this book because they might have a connection to the book and have a similar situation that the characters in the book are facing and or events in the story that can be relatable to different readers.


The author's comments:

I really liked this book, and I would recommend this to anyone.