Charlotte's Web by E.B. White | Teen Ink

Charlotte's Web by E.B. White

By Jetlyvang03 BRONZE, Sacramento, California
Jetlyvang03 BRONZE, Sacramento, California

Beautiful things happens in your life when you distance yourself from all the negativity and drama. - Jet Ly Vang

“Why did you do all this for me?” He asked, “I don't deserve it. I’ve never done anything for you.” “You have been my friend.” Replied Charlotte. “That itself is a tremendous thing.” Not being accepted as a runt pig that is not grown properly as the rest of the piglets. He will find help from friends to save himself from the worst. E.B. White writes this story to inspire the worth of a friend and judgements that young teenagers will make at a young age.

A runt pig called Wilbur who was saved from being killed by a girl who took him in a cared for him called Fern. Fern and Wilbur became close, until he was sold to Fern’s uncle where he then lived in a barn with cows, gooses, horses, sheeps, and a rat. But in that barn, there was a spider named Charlotte. Wilbur is small and unlike his kind, he makes a point out that even the smallest and biggest will be able to succeed on what they put their mind into. As long as you are loyal and friendly with others, they will respect that with something to pay you back.

Wilbur was born as a spring pig, so before the cold weather sets in the winter, Wilbur was not accepted as a runt pig so he would have end up being killed one day. Charlotte and Wilbur along with Templeton, the rat, will make up ideas to keep Wilbur alive. And you will not believe what they came up to work together as a team and accomplished an impossible mission they were onto.

I would recommend this book to young adults and children. This book shows how a little or big living thing will be able to become a friend that is inspiring and end up with something so beautiful.

What has inspired me into writing this review is the fact of teenagers not being loyal and knowing what real friends really means.