Allegiant by Veronica Roth | Teen Ink

Allegiant by Veronica Roth

By yahhboiiz BRONZE, Sacramento, California
yahhboiiz BRONZE, Sacramento, California

Dance, live, love!!!

“We don’t know what’s happened out there since they put us in here, or how many generations have lived and died since they did. We could be the last people left.”

In the book by Veronica Roth, “Allegiant,”  Tris prior a young woman is imprisoned for her traitorous actions in the previous book insurgent. While she is imprisoned, Tobias is debating what he wants to do. While he wants to support his mother, Evelyn, he also wants to leave the city. Tobias hears that Tris is going to be interrogated, but he knows that she will be able to resist the truth serum and come up with a lie to save not only herself, but Christina and Cara, who were also imprisoned with Tris. Tris lies and says she was manipulated into following orders from Marcus, believing him to have been working with Evelyn. The lie works and Tris and the others are released from prison.

In Allegiant one choice could change everything, it could change you , it could change the people around you . In a world with an extremely corrupt government, where you could just be killed in bright daylight in the streets or even in your own home. In the world of allegiant almost anything is possible. The author shows you closely in the story how the characters change over time threw all of the catastrophic events that happen to them and all of the losses that they face along there way. This book will get you to start thinking about yourself and what choices you are and the choices you are not ready to make in life itself. Any that would be done would determine who you are.

A city that is closed in and  isolated from the world, divided into factions that all have different roles. I can connect deeply with this book because i found the romance ,suspense but i big thing i can relate to would be the factions that are separated they remind me the race groups that separate themselves at my high school. The suspense of high school test and all high school drama that goes on and relating to romance all of the little crushes that you have. This book in a way can have made a big relation to life.

I would recommend this to young adults because just in this book it can help them think about some of the choices they do in life.

Like in terms dealing with jobs , houses , education, family and etc. This story has a very interesting plot and a outstanding storyline with an amazing setup on character development and i really enjoyed this story and the message that it had to bring and i hope you find itb interesting when you read it.

Hattie7 said...
on Jan. 30 2017 at 7:17 am
Hattie7,

'My thoughts are stars I can't fathom into constellations' -John Green (Fault In Our Stars)

Really good review,looking forward to reading this book