Snitch by Allison Van Diepan | Teen Ink

Snitch by Allison Van Diepan

January 25, 2017
By TeamCisco BRONZE, Sacramento, California
TeamCisco BRONZE, Sacramento, California
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"stay focused,go after your Dreams and keep moving toward your goals"-LL Cool J


If you like Gritty situations the Snitch is for you.There’s a girl that has problems.But she has friends that are crips,also she has problems.She has problems with people at school,she does something that she eventually is going to regret.But after she realized who her real friends are because some of her friends think that the same thing as they did to Julia.

    

Snitch has really powerful dialog.The narrator Julia states,”But she had her bi...s with her.”Another example of the powerful dialog Scrap says,”You can choose who , but can’t be somebody you f...d before.I recommended my OG a**.” Now i’m sure you see why I say this is some powerful dialog in here.But after hearing that you might think no but there’s more you would like and be shocked by.Also the names of most of the more mutual friends that are in the gang, there is Scrap,Eric,Julia,Black Chuck,Apple Jax-aka Jackie,Sly-aka Celine,Jazz-aka Jazmine,and Sarah and Nessa.

    

When I was reading Snitch it reminded me of “Where’s Waldo” by Lavish D.It reminds me of this song beacuse it talks someone snitching and talks about something trajjic to someone.So i’m pretty sure the person that Lavish D is talking about probably regerts doing what he did too.Also he joins a where is supposilly he was from.So he started hanging around around people from oak park.But his real name is lil Tim before he really became famous.I bet you if you ask people they don’t even know who lil Tim so now.

    

So back into Snitch this is why you would like this book if you like this song.The book and the song is very similar but the only thing is that the main character of the book is a girl and her name is Julia,and in the song it’s a dude.And the author of the book is Allison Van Diepen and you like this book she made many more;another cool thing is that she is a high school teacher in Ottawa,Canada.
    
   

Therefore,if you love or just like this book you would love to get the second one which is called “On The Edge” they both amazing.So if you like her books good luck in the future and I hope you Read all of her other books