Rules of Attraction by Simone Elkeles | Teen Ink

Rules of Attraction by Simone Elkeles

January 24, 2017
By _Maariaa_ SILVER, Sacramento, California
_Maariaa_ SILVER, Sacramento, California
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Since Perfect Chemistry  was released, romantic novels have never been the same. Rules of Attraction is the second book of the trilogy, Perfect Chemistry. I’m guessing they must be good if there are three books. Simone Elkeles does a great job at including urban life and romance, for teens and young adults to connect to.

 

Simone Elkeles is a New York Times and USA best selling author. Must be for something, am I right? She also won YALSA and RITA awards, within many more. Elkeles was born in the suburbs of Chicago. Which explains why many of her books are set in Chicago. She obtained her Bachelor's at the university of Illinois for psychology. That wasn't enough for her, so she decided to gain more knowledge  at Loyola University. Throughout her career, Simone constructed diversity programs and worked with many young adults. If you read any of her books you can acknowledge the diversity within the characters and the fact that most of them are young. Now in days, Elkeles continues to provide her talent to the Earth, by mentoring new authors.

   

Daredevil, impatient, stubborn, these are few of the many attributes of Carlos Fuentes. One of the main characters in the novel. Carlos is the representation of poor teens living in an urban area. Full of influences such as gangs, drugs and alcohol. Carlos’ personas crash and lead him to make one of the worst mistakes of his life. Although, if it wasn’t for that mistake, he would have never found true, pure love.

   

Kiara is a sweet, rich girl who is in search of her identity. Her passion for cars and the outdoors were the only thoughts floating through her brain. Never in a million years ,she would’ve thought that this conceited, stuck up kid living in her house would turn out to be her one and only love.

   

Not only do I love the book, I also connect to the main characters. Both of their personalities come in one to build mine. As soon as I open that book, there was no stopping me. The ingredients of gangs,drugs and love boil to cook a delicious soup of expectancy. I honestly believe this would be an excellent book for those who are in a trek for a realistic romance tale. Full of suspense and shocking circumstances. This is not your ordinary marriage ending romance. It will have you seeking for more.