Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson | Teen Ink

Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson

January 20, 2017
By ladylove BRONZE, Ochester, New York
ladylove BRONZE, Ochester, New York
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Hey it's me again if you don't know me i wrote others reviews. But i'm Anna nice too meet you. But when i was in 5th grade I readed and loved the book “Bridge to Terabithia”by Katherine Paterson this book is a winner of the Newbery Medal. The book “bridge to Terabithia” is a children’s literature.


The main character is named Jess Aarons. He wishes to be the fastest runner in the fifth grade. He been practicing all summer. He wake up every morning to run.


Aaron ends up meet someone that would change his life for ever. Her name is Leslie Burke. They made a friendship that can never be broken. She encouraged and inspired Jess to imagine the world where they rule called Terabithia hint the “bridge to Terabithia “  they have major fun but Jess never become the fastest runner in the fifth grade but leslie did. Because of this people in her class thought of her as weird and this at first stop them from being friends in the beginning. But she keep pushing too be his friend and then soon he started to  stick up for her so u can say that he came around too her. Until something terrible happens. This story take place in a small town that is always late on fashion and everyone in the little town had little money.

 

My favorite part of the book is the strong friendship they had. They did everything together. Love how she created a new world for. Even when he was being mean to her, she's kept being nice to him. I also love how when she had an assignment to use her tv because she gave an amazing writing assignment  about scuba diving. They had to use their tv but Leslie didn't have a tv. Everyone laugh at her but Jess didn't. When they went on the bus he told her that she could have went to his house to use his tv. Another way he show his friendship is when she told him they had a lot of money and when i say a lot i mean more than anyone in the town more than him. He didn't flip out on her treated her different he remained her friend and treat her all the same as he did before he knew about her family have money.

 

One thing I don't like about this book is how it ends it very sad but i don't want to spoil it for you. All i'm saying is something big is going to happen too make this friendship come to “end”. This “end” made aaron was not ready for he denied it multiple times until he realize it was true.

 

As you know from read this the author is Katherine Paterson she is the author of more than 30 books so before you read this book you might have read a book by her and didn't even realise it. Her book must be good because she won a newbery medal for this book and a couple others. People must love her books since she have that medal for a couple of her books.she have four grown children so you can say she made the books for kids as well. She runs many different groups.

 

This book is written in first person. The person who is telling the story is one of the main characters Aaron. You can tell because in the book it's says “I” and “my mom” ect. The author  also uses dialogue throughout the books like when Aaron yells “Maybell get me my shirt.” or when or when Maybell said “i hope the new neighbors have a girl my age” these are just two of the times the the author uses dialogue in her book she uses a lot more than that i'm just giving you two.

 

Well this book reminds me of me meeting my best friend and getting to know her. I know almost everyone have at least one good friend you can relate too this book.

 

Like i said before this is my one favorite books i really think u should read this book. People in 6th or 5th grade should definitely read this book because they are still young and still making friend. And this can help them see the big value of friendship.i rate this book a 4 out of 5.


The author's comments:

this is such a best book for 10 through 13 years old


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 0 comments.