A Walk To Remember by Nicholas Sparks | Teen Ink

A Walk To Remember by Nicholas Sparks

By ladylove BRONZE, Ochester, New York
ladylove BRONZE, Ochester, New York

Psst… Psst… Hey i have something to tell, but first you have answer me this. Are you a young adult and into romance? If not stop reading this. This announcement is not for you. So you should just go on about your business. But to the people that answer yes to the question then you should definitely read the novel A Walk To Remember by Nicholas Sparks. It take place in 1958, Beaufort, North Carolina.

This book is in first person. The author does this because he want us as the reader to see how he felt about Jamie Sullivan. The narrator is named Landon Carter. He is of course a main character. But he end up in the play with the other main character name Jamie Sullivan which is the daughter of the Beaufort church minister Hegbert Sullivan. Both Jamie and her father Hegbert are very religious people.  The author includes this because this is the challenge he had to overcome to be with Jamie. Hegbert think of Landon as a trouble child because he eat peanuts in the cemetery. Jamie has the women lead part in the play and Landon has the lead male role. Jamie gets picked on because of the way she dresses and because she reads the bible in lunch. I believe the author includes this because Landon lose some friends and started to walk her home she tells him to not fall in love with her. The author is foreshadowing in this part of the book. If you don't know what foreshadowing is it's when an author or writer tells what going to happen before it happen without telling you it's going to happen. So since you know what foreshadowing is you can kind of conclude that he ends up falling in love with her. Landon finds out something horrible about her... because of this he does all the things she really wanted.

The theme of this story is that you can fall in love with someone over something so little such as a couple walks. Which is why the author name the story a Walk to Remember because they bonded over many walks. In this part of the story carter offered to walk her home every day after play practice until he end up asking her to the school dance. Also in another part of the book he end up walking her home holding her her hand. So in the end they end up together.

The best part of the book is that just because one of the themes of this book is that they are different they still can fall in love over something so little such as variety of walks and talks.  Anyone that are into love story and drama. Like I said this is for young adults. You should really read this novel because it really touch your heart when I read it all I can think is about the special bound they shared. It was so beautiful you get a piece of that by reading please read.

Although this is my favorite book there is one thing that I dislike is in the the beginning of the book the book started of really slow. It is like you'll never get the good part. It feel like the beginning has nothing to do with the book. It just describing the place he live how his town is. Here is one example “only three channels came in on the television, though television was never important to those of us who grew up there. Instead our lives were centered around the churches, of which there were eighteen within town limits alone.they went by the names like Fellowship Hall Christian Church , the Church of the forgiven people,...” we get that church is important too the people of the town but u didn't have too gives all the names you did. I only gave you two but Nicholas gave several names.

Nicholas Sparks is one of the world's most beloved storytellers. Nicholas lives in North Carolina which the book take place. So north carolina is a special place for the author. He live in north carolina with his wife and family. Since I know that he is one of the world's most beloved storyteller he is books are popular and the books must be good. Also since i know he live in North Carolina he know a lot about it so he not just making it up. So it is kind of real. The author might have written this book like this because he wanted us to get to know the land h live on and also he wanted us to see that love can be found in little situations.

In this book the author uses imagery.in the beinging although it's slow he shows us how his town looks and smell with such detail. For an example “..the air smelled of pine, salt, and sea,...” you can almost smell the pine and the slat and the sea. Another way Nicholas used imagery is “..Baptist Churches on practically every corner of town.” with this u can imagine a Baptist church on every corner.

I give this book a five out of five. I guess you'll never know how good this book is until u read it. So get off your lazy behind and get Walk to Remember.

This is one of my favorite books. This is alos one of my favorite authors