The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams | Teen Ink

The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams

By Ahrimanes BRONZE, Viroqua, Wisconsin
Ahrimanes BRONZE, Viroqua, Wisconsin

Space is very big. It is likely closer to very×∞ big, but that is beside the point. This incalculable bigness makes it so that getting from one bit of space to another is mildly difficult. Thankfully, there is a book. A book that can teach you how to see the marvels of the universe for less than thirty Altairian dollars a day. It is a splendid book titled The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy. This book is about that book.

Rather, it is about Arthur Dent. He is of the species homo sapiens, and he lived on a planet colloquially referred to as ‘Earth.’ Ford Prefect, an alien who was stranded on that very planet, aided him in escaping the demolition of said planet. Miraculously, Ford is a roving writer for the book featured in the previous paragraph, and the dynamic duo are able to travel the cosmos.

Reading this book is like submerging your hand into a pond of translucent, regenerative gelatin. It is like breathing onto that gelatin and seeing it wobble gently in synchronization with your natural rhythm. It is like immersing yourself into the solidified ooze and laughing as it surrounds you and tickles you. It is like resting in that ichor of bliss and feeling utterly content.

You will like this book. There is no ‘if’ about it. I am, right now, forcing you to like it. You now like this book. Final score: 42/10