Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck | Teen Ink

Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck

January 7, 2017
By Anonymous

“I got you to look after me, and you got me to look after you, and that’s why.” This story shows how important friends are. Without them nobody is “looking after you,” and goes the same for the other friend. Without friendship people's lives are meaningless. There for this story’s genre is so important to the story, which this story’s genre is tragedy.  I liked this book because it showed that the world at that time didn’t know friendship so well, and this story showed that friendship always finds a way. This story is also good, because it shows how much George takes care of a guy like Lennie, when he could leave him at anytime he wanted. George stayed though, because he knew his friend needed his back mentally, and that he would need Lennie to protect his physically. The recommended reading age for this book would be upper teenagers to lower thirties, because those ages are mature enough to where if they read this book, and realize they don’t have a friendship like this they can still do something about it.

 

Yes I recommend the book, because it shows what really is important in life in a short amount of pages. Yes it was a page turner, because so many things were going on in a short amount of time. Such as the fight with Lennie and Curly it made me want to constantly keep reading the book, and not stop. Also who was going to get in trouble, because of Curly’s wife who was always getting her nose into other people’s business for attention. No the book wasn’t that hard to concentrate on, because it was a very straight forward book very simple. Yes I enjoyed this genre either know it was sad it was a good ending to a book. Yes the main surprise that kept my interest was when Crooks let Lennie come into his room. Because Crooks’ character was described he seemed like he would be the kind of person who wouldn’t allow anyone to come into his room, but that changed when he saw Lennie. No the first chapter didn’t leave with a cliff-hanger, because it ended with them sleeping by the pond. No it wasn’t boring even though it didn’t have a lot of action in the story it still kept the interest. Yes the plot was believable, because there are a lot of people like Lennie who can’t live by themselves, and people like George who need people like Lennie to have a good friend around. The people who would enjoy reading this book are ones who have a close relationship with their friends, because the ending is so sad it makes you think of the important things in life.