Heartless by Marissa Meyer | Teen Ink

Heartless by Marissa Meyer

December 7, 2016
By TeeCee BRONZE, Tonganoxie, Kansas
TeeCee BRONZE, Tonganoxie, Kansas
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"If people were rain I was drizzle and she was a hurricane."


Heartless is a story about the Queen of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland how she became to be. Throughout the story I slowly began to dislike Cath (the Queen of Hearts) more and more as a person. Which was odd for me because in the beginning I loved her, I could almost imagine myself as her. As the book goes on though her problems get worse and worse. You see Cath wants to open a bakery but without her parents consent and with the king wanting to marry her, her dreams are almost impossible. Until she meets jest the king's new court joker. She falls madly in love with him and her dreams are somehow almost in reach until everything falls apart. The ending to this book is just as shocking but as resulting as I had hoped for with this author. In the end we all have a story whether it be happy or gruesome. Heartless is a whirlwind of expectations and shock, I feel like that Meyer has proven herself once again as a wonderful writer as well as giving a believable twist to the well waited for backstory of our favorite queen. Everything will be revieled in the end and it just might be a bit heartless.

Other books by Marissa Meyer include: The Lunar Chronicles a series of books about a cyborg named Cinder who just might be the girl to save the world. Series titles are: Cinder, Scarlet, Cress, Fairest, Winter, and Stars Above. Each one of these books reveals new characters along with a new fairy tail with a new futuristic twist. This series is by far one of my favorites.