A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas

A Court of Thorns and Roses is a mixture of the Iron Fey series and Beauty and the Beast, with a touch of the Hunger Games. It is a must read for fans of faeries, fairy tales, or mystery.

Sarah J. Maas crafts a world divided in two: the faeries and the humans. Whether they know it or not, they need each other to survive, and two arrows change their fate forever.

A Court of Thorns and Roses is a novel for romantics and realists alike, and deluges in not only the ferocity of love, but also what it really means to love somebody and how far a person is willing to go for the sake of love. Feyre’s romance and journey make her question everything she ever thought she knew or needed, and push her to the edge of her very soul. Maas explores not only love in its many forms, but also selfishness, selflessness, fear, pride, deception, survival, sacrifice, resent, regret, and humanity itself.

Feyre’s choices and actions are initially driven towards doing the best she can for her family, for whom she is the sole provider for. As she separates from that responsibility, she has a chance to find herself, discovering her strengths and weaknesses, all the while disadvantaged in a crumbling world of secrets and the supernatural. Feyre’s ultimate trials are ahead of her, as she is pushed to her very limits and forced to make bargains worth life and death in order to right that which has been wronged.