Book Review | Teen Ink

Book Review

By Dscott24 BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
Dscott24 BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware

The title of the book is The son of Neptune and the author’s name is Rick Riordian and it was published on october 4th 2011. This is a fictional book and it is mostly about teamwork. There are a couple of times in this book where the three friends must stick together and find ways to work together to complete their mission.

The setting is a place called camp Jupiter. This is a place where a demigods stay to be protected and trained.  Demigods are people that are half human half god. This camp cannot be seen by regular human's. The entrance to it is in a service  tunnel in San Francisco once you go through the door you go through the hill and when you exit the tunnel there is river you have to cross to get into the camp. There are a whole bunch of different types of kids that stay there,there are kids that stay there that are children of major gods and kids that stay there that are children to gods that you might have never heard of before.

There are three main characters to the book Percy Jackson, Hazel Lavesque, and Frank Zhang. Percy is 16 year old boy with brown hair and green eyes and is the son of Neptune. One day percy woke up and couldn’t remember anything but his name and the name Annebeth and somehow he makes it to camp Jupiter. But on the way to camp jupiter he keeps running into monster that he has to fight but he has a pen in his pocket that turns into a sword. When he gets to camp Jupiter he meets Hazel and Frank, Hazel is only 13 years old and has brown curly hair and is the son of pluto. Hazel is actually supposed to be dead but she got to live twice but in her first life her mother was possessed and made her do something that put the world in danger. Frank is young but he has a very big build he is good at archery and under his helmet he looks like a little kid. These three have to go on a quest to free Thanatos the god of the god of the dead.

This is an amazing book it is very memorable and entertaining everything that the author says from the beginning to the end you can visualize. This book does not leave out much you can connect with every character. There are a lot of other fiction books that try to give people superpowers and try to make them invincible but this book makes it all make sense. Instead of them just mysteriously have superpowers he gave them a backstory as to of how they go there powers and their abilities to be able to fight. Like every book i read about that has people with superpowers in it I think it’s awesome I mean who doesn’t want to have some type of superpower. I can relate to this book because a lot of it has to do with being able to work together and having trust in each other to get stuff done and that’s something that a lot of sports teams don’t have.

Again this is probably one of the best fictional books I have read I love all of Rick Riordians books you can relate to a lot of them. Teamwork is the main theme for this book and that is something you need to have to be successful in a lot of things. If I were to ate this book on a scale of 1-5 I would give it a 4.5. I would definitely recommend this book. It would be a great read for everyone how like fictional readings.