Blade of Fire by Stuart Hill | Teen Ink

Blade of Fire by Stuart Hill

By bladeoffire! BRONZE, Exeter, New Hampshire
bladeoffire! BRONZE, Exeter, New Hampshire

Blood,gore,Insides spilling across the ground,men screaming in pain as they are chopped down like trees in a forest . That is the dream of Charlemagne Athelstan Redrought Strong in the Army of Lindshield has been dreaming all of his life. But when Charlemagne gets sick that dream starts to slip right through his fingers. When he is forced into exile because of a raging war in his country he will have to chose. Saving his friend or saving his country and family. Who will he chose..?

The Blade of Fire is about a boy who is thought less by the people because he was weak because of his sickness. No one said anything because one his mother was the queen and his older siblings who protect him like a pack of wolves.Except on of his sisters is not what she seems. The dark whispers her name. It beakens her wrapping around her like a cocoon of evil power . Medea it whispers. Medea.

Charlemagne must overcome the challenges and  solve the problems that are holding him back from his true potential of a crowning warrior. Every warrior of the Icemark dreams of death and blood shed and earning glory for his family and fellow warriors. But when Charlemagne beloved country falls under siege of the Peloponnesian empire. Charlemagne is the Ice Marks only hope. He must raise an an army and come to their aid, but will he get back in time to save the Ice Mark. But also little does he know someone has been plotting his death since the day he was born. Now sharpen your swords and don your armor we ride to war and to the side of the Icemark. Blood,Blast and Fire .

In this book I was most impressed with was how Stuart Hill made his characters come alive with his choice of words. Talking about his word choice his word choice was so spectacular they seemed to flow together so nicely. He is able to make the characters that are myths come alive. How he sets the emotions in the story is amazing because he is able to switch the character from being happy than sad the next.One thing I wish Stuart Hill did diferently was that I wish he gave some discriotion of the Ice Troll war. 

This book is a page turner you just have to know what's on the next page. Stuart Hill put so much detail and emotions into the characters. They just seem to come alive right before your eyes. And at some points in the book you feel yourself become one with the characters. And thinking no don’t do this or that.

This book is amazing. If you love adventure mixed with war and love and broken hearts then this is your book. Now it’s up to you to decide your fate and chose what paths you want to take. So what path will you take?