Little Women by Louis May Alcott | Teen Ink

Little Women by Louis May Alcott

November 6, 2016
By Paradis BRONZE, Sandy, Utah
Paradis BRONZE, Sandy, Utah
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The pages of Louisa May Alcott’s novel, Little Women, are beautifully written and full of obstacles. Alcott does an incredible job bringing her characters, Meg, Jo, Beth, and Amy, to life. While reading the book, you get to see each girl mature and grow into a lovely young woman.

In each chapter, there are new obstacles for each girl to face and overcome. They each face social, emotional, and physical trials and learn lessons related to each along the way. This book is very relatable as I meet many of the same issues and obstacles daily.

Throughout the novel, you fall in love with each of the characters. My personal favorite character is Jo or Josephine March. Jo has a wild personality that is shown in most conversations as she tends to get into arguments quite often. She rarely follows the rules and prefers to follow her heart. These characteristics are what make her so likeable to me.

Little Women is an underestimated novel that has an impact on all who read it. It is tantalizing and fun to follow. I would recommend this book to anyone who loves a classic with a little romance, many challenging trials, and a diverse storyline.