Cherub: The Recruit by Robert Muchamore | Teen Ink

Cherub: The Recruit by Robert Muchamore

By BradyG BRONZE, Exeter, New Hampshire
BradyG BRONZE, Exeter, New Hampshire

Have you ever wondered about kids being FBI or MI agents? That’s what James is, a kid agent. James is a trouble-making teenager whose mum has just passed away. Rather than going into an orphanage, he has been recruited by this group because of all the potential he has. He goes on missions under cover for a British Intelligence Group named Cherub. Nobody expects a ninja like kid to stop a crime or prevent a terrorist attack.
Cherub the Recruit is about a young boy, James, who has been recruited by a British Intelligence Group for the youth, called Cherub. He has to go through basic training to get ready for missions, which isn’t so basic. The other kid agents, including James, in James’s class have to deal with the most strict instructor in all of England for 100-days of brutal physical and mental torture. After basic training is over, he is sent on a mission to Fort Harmony, a hippy community in Wales, United Kingdom, with an older girl named Amy. They are supposed to act as brother and sister on this undercover adventure. Amy and James need to work together to stop a terrorist attack from happening and save hundreds of lives. Will James succeed or fail on his very first mission at Cherub? Find out by reading Cherub the Recruit, in an exciting series written by Robert Muchamore.

When my teacher recommended this novel for me to read, I didn’t expect much out of it. Then, about 100 pages into the book I felt like I had to find out what was next and wanted to keep reading it. It has a few British words that we don’t use in America which was great and made it realistic. It makes you wonder if there are really Intelligence groups that we don’t know about.

If you like a book that keeps you on your toes, a cliff hanger, a story that could easily be true, then Cherub is a book for you. Do not let this great read go over your head. You will want to keep reading this action packed book. It will keep you interested in what’s going to happen next. This book will change the way you think about the world and the secrets that lie with it.