Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan | Teen Ink

Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan

November 14, 2016
By jadiechristensen BRONZE, Midvale, Utah
jadiechristensen BRONZE, Midvale, Utah
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Everyone wishes they could be the daughter or son of a God. Well, in The Mark of Athena, by Rick Riordan, they are! A continuation of the Percy Jackson series, 7 demigods, some Greek and some Roman, are forced to work together to stop the goddess of Earth, Gaea, from awakening and destroying everything.


I liked this book because all throughout it, the author was teaching the reader about Greek and Roman mythology. I also liked this book because it had an extreme cliffhanger at the end, and I love cliffhangers! There were also some things I didn’t necessarily like, like the fact that it bounced around from point of view to point of view. It was kind of hard to keep track of what was happening, but gradually I was able to figure it out. I really liked this book! It was very entertaining!


In this book, there was a LOT of humor, especially from a certain character named Leo. Leo has had a rough past, and he uses his humor as a kind of crutch. He is constantly making jokes in dangerous situations, trying to make the dangerous problem less dangerous. In this story, there are some interesting settings. The demigods travel all over the world, to California, Utah, Georgia, and several places in the Mediterranean. These multiple changes in setting help to make the story more interesting.


I recommend this book highly. It is a great book and is very entertaining. If you like the Percy Jackson series or any stories about gods, mythology, or adventure, this story would be for you!