Dead Time by Anne Cassidy

"Rose looked at the blood on her arm". This is the opening sentence of this mysterious grim book, you would think the opening sentence gives all away.

But I'll let you know now, it doesn't.

This book creates suspense every page you read, you wonder what will happen next, as everything is like a jigsaw puzzle, as a reader you're hooked to solve the mysteries as well as the characters are. 

Rose, a misunderstood character who is labelled as heartless and stuck up; she may be at times but her experiences which are explained throughout the book, e.g. the sudden disappearance of her mum and boyfriend, hard time at school etc. This allows the reader to empathise as to why Rose acts the way she does. Various murders occur throughout the book, it proves.

No one is safe...

The strong imagery in this book, allows you to create your own story in your head while still connecting to what the author has written.

We see the tension between characters grow throughout the book, the fall and growth between relationships are clearly present.

The situations that occur make you question your actions, if you were in the same situation as the characters, for example; what would you do if you witnessed a cold murder? Discovered your parent's disappearance further? 

I recommend this book as you'll feel captivated and gripped to the story and characters throughout.

Agrata said...
yesterday at 9:09 pm
Sounds interesting. I must check it out some day.

RaeepovThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 2:35 pm
It's very interesting, check out her other books as well. Thanks :)

M501athleticThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 24 at 6:20 pm
Sounds like a great plot! I like suspenseful stories like that, might have to check it out. Great job on the review!

yesterday at 7:33 am
Yeah the ending is very suspenseful, definitely a good choice to read. Thank you

KatyainiThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 24 at 4:03 pm
hmm, left mysteries a long time back but would love to read this one

Aug. 24 at 4:30 pm
yeah sometimes they can be prolonged, this one is interesting though thanks :)

KatyainiThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Aug. 24 at 4:55 pm
no problemo...

HammadWaseemThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 23 at 3:22 pm
awesome work, good job. :)