The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

We all know the cliché phrase, “It’s better to have loved and lost,” right? The popular saying is nothing new and goes with this story, except The Fault in Our Stars is anything but cliché, to be honest. John Green’s bestselling young adult book is the kind of book you can read over and over again, and each time, miss something special.
This story is about 16 year old Hazel who, like any typical teen, trying to find her life, but she also has to cope with cancer. One day, during her usual unenthusiastic Support Group, she meets Augustus Waters, who changes her life forever. Augustus isn’t really the type of person you’d ever meet. With his bold and shining personality, he is really an unrealistic ‘perfect’ person. Though, the special focus is not Augustus himself, but the relationship between him and Hazel. Augustus may be too perfect to be realistic, but John Green emphasizes their relationship which is based on hilarious moments, disagreements, friendships and so much more. The Fault in Our Stars teaches teens so much, because it makes a bold statement that life is impossible or unworthy without a little bit of humor and especially love, whether a partner or family.
I rate this book a 9 out of 10. I highly recommend this book to anyone who loves a good story that will touch their heart and make them ponder for days.