Evernight By Claudia Gray | Teen Ink

Evernight By Claudia Gray

March 11, 2009
By ReaderGirl BRONZE, Peoria, Arizona
ReaderGirl BRONZE, Peoria, Arizona
4 articles 0 photos 1 comment

At Evernight Academy, you either belong, or you're an outsider, and being an outsider has it's risks.

With it's walls and towers, decorated with gargoyles, and made of stone, Evernight is pretty intimidating to Bianca, a new student at the academy in which her parents have come to teach. Where the teachers are strict and her fellow students, with the exception of a few students Bianca would consider normal, are all graceful and flawlessly beautiful and don't accept her because she's shy, and doesn't seem to fit in with their mega-rich lifestyles.

Luckily for Bianca, there's Lucas, a gorgeous guy who she meets while trying to run away from Evernight, and who convinces her to stay. Lucas is also a bit of an outsider at Evernight, and Bianca feels inexplicably drawn to him, but after their first meeting Lucas starts avoiding her for no reason, leaving Bianca confused and hurt as she tries to figure out if the connection she felt with him at their first meeting was only one sided.

Meanwhile, Bianca tries bonding with the other kids at Evernight, like her roommate Patrice Deveraux, and the handsome Balthazar More who's in her mother's history class. But Bianca feels out of place in this school of beauty's, and though Balthazar is a great (Amazing, terrific, fabulous, brilliant, gorgeous....) guy, she just can't seem to get her mind off of Lucas, and what she could have possibly done to scare him away.

But Lucas isn't what he seems: he's got a secret, and in the shadows of the academy, secrets don't stay hidden for long. Bianca has a strange feeling that something sinister is in the works at Evernight, and she might be right. Soon mysterious histories will resurface, and truths will be revealed. All it will take is a single bite.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I really, really, really loved this book! It did have a few things that didn't really make sense to me, but the story moved along fabulously and at that point I really didn't care of the weird bits because I loved the story so much. I read it stait through and I finished it in about 2 days because I literally couldn't put it down!