Miles to Go by Miley Cyrus This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Miles to Go took me on a road trip through the life of a girl I thought I already knew everything about. Boy, was I wrong. With every sentence, I felt like Miley was talking to me, having a sister-to-sister chat. She wrote this book with her heart, and that is why it is so meaningful.

Miley is not a cookie-cutter celebrity, like many say. She knows where she came from and won’t forget it. She lives by her values and holds onto her strong faith.

Miley’s family is always her top priority. While she may be famous and live in L.A., who she is hasn’t changed. If her little sister, Noah, wants her to stay home and watch a movie, Miley will. Even if Miley gets invited to a celebrity party, it’s clear that she will choose her family first.

My favorite part of the book was when she talks about Vanessa, a girl who was, as Miley puts it, “the sister God forgot to give me.” Vanessa was a 9-year-old suffering from cystic fibrosis. Miley met her at a hospital and they became instant friends. Miley kept in contact with her family and often visited Vanessa at the hospital or called when she was on tour. One day Miley called only to find out that Vanessa’s time on Earth had ended. Miley was devastated. She immediately got off the tour bus and lay down in a frozen field. This was when Miley realized how much she had needed Vanessa, and how important it is to love every day and not take it for granted. This was just one of Miley’s many beautiful stories.

Somewhere between introducing us to Pappy Cyrus, who changed so many lives, learning to accept her “cankles,” and sharing her love for eating eggs with syrup, Miley connects with readers. For someone so young, Miley is one of the most brilliant people I have ever seen. Her fame hasn’t changed her; she stays grounded with the help of her family and her faith.

When this book came out, I became Miley’s number-one fan all over again. In reading Miles to Go, I felt like a part of the family.

The_Fourth_Black_Sister said...
Mar. 10, 2010 at 1:14 pm:
I loved this book, but I'm not a fan of Miley Cyrus. I don't know I've just never liked her or her music.

HOPEMVP replied...
Mar. 11, 2010 at 10:47 pm :
see fineally someone who has an good awsome opinon

. replied...
Apr. 26, 2010 at 6:43 pm :
There's no such thing as a "good" or "bad" opinion. :I

BasketballChick5 said...
Mar. 10, 2010 at 12:33 pm:
sara!5,
i agree with she! when she first came out everyone was inlove with her! And i liked her to till now she is so annoything and FAKE!!!!and i hate when stars do that caus ethey become total snobbs!!!!!!!!

HOPEMVP replied...
Mar. 11, 2010 at 10:46 pm :
mileys no fake one bit read her book n try meet her for ONCE

writergirl13 replied...
Mar. 14, 2010 at 1:50 pm :
i agree with you BasketballChick5! of course she may be a really sweet person if you get to know her really well, but i just don't think she's been too nice lately with all those pictures and stuff.

StarlightStormcloud replied...
May 19, 2010 at 9:00 pm :
Honestly, Miley's persona isn't that attractive either.  I have a young friend who went to a private concert of hers and while Liam Hemsworth was very courteous and took pictures with everybody, Miley wasn't to be bothered and refused to even meet her fans briefly afterwards.  I think it's important for famous people to remember who brought them to success.  Miley seems to have a large ego and a disregard for her public image.  Nobody made the choice for her to become a super... (more »)

TaylorSwiftMusic4Life This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
May 19, 2010 at 10:50 pm :
When I wrote this review last year, my opinion on Miley was based on the same girl the world had been seeing for a few years: a down-to-earth, country, simple, giving girl who got lucky enough to live out her dreams. I was happy for her because she seemed grateful and grounded. I had been a huge fan of her's since I was in the 7th grade. I'm in 11th grade now, and this year, I've noticed Miley's change in attitude and in her life in general. This new Miley takes things for granted, con... (more »)

Sara!5 said...
Mar. 9, 2010 at 8:59 pm:
I think Miley Cyris is Nice but she is totally FAKE! I liked her when she first came out she was awesome! Now she annoy's me! But i Love her song Party In the U.S.A and 7things i hate about you and Climd.!===========<3SARA<3

HOPEMVP replied...
Mar. 11, 2010 at 10:45 pm :
mileys not fake have u met her at all

Darley said...
Feb. 25, 2010 at 8:32 pm:
She has great voice but... She is acting like something she is not

dbzfan13 said...
Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:30 pm:
well that was lovely and when ever i hear pepes talking bad about miley i always get angry i used 2 dislike her but now i dont peace out (^ _^)

Ambie replied...
Feb. 23, 2010 at 12:34 pm :
Same here!!!!

teeninkrocker111 said...
Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:13 am:
well i still think shes not good cause wehen she started to go on the pole.

HOPEMVP replied...
Mar. 11, 2010 at 10:49 pm :
u got photos of this pole u speak of besides the internet n magazines ones? well do u? if u don't u got nothing

lovevball said...
Feb. 14, 2010 at 10:06 am:
This is Great! Now i really want to read it!!

HOPEMVP replied...
Mar. 11, 2010 at 10:50 pm :
someone in good taste

malerie said...
Feb. 12, 2010 at 10:49 am:
i think miley is a good person overall, and this book proves it.

HOPEMVP replied...
Mar. 11, 2010 at 10:51 pm :
U GO GURL! get it miles to go?

forgottenpennameThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 8, 2010 at 4:02 pm:
I've read this book twice and both times really enjoyed it... I'm not as big of a fan of Miley as I was a couple years ago, but she's still my favorite celebrity, and Miles to Go always reminds me why.
Great review! I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who felt how deep the book was. :)