Miles to Go by Miley Cyrus MAG

By NoRulesJustWrite PLATINUM, Ada, Michigan
NoRulesJustWrite PLATINUM, Ada, Michigan

Stay happy, stay weird, and don't let anyone take away your smile.

Miles to Go took me on a road trip through the life of a girl I thought I already knew everything about. Boy, was I wrong. With every sentence, I felt like Miley was talking to me, having a sister-to-sister chat. She wrote this book with her heart, and that is why it is so meaningful.

Miley is not a cookie-cutter celebrity, like many say. She knows where she came from and won’t forget it. She lives by her values and holds onto her strong faith.

Miley’s family is always her top priority. While she may be famous and live in L.A., who she is hasn’t changed. If her little sister, Noah, wants her to stay home and watch a movie, Miley will. Even if Miley gets invited to a celebrity party, it’s clear that she will choose her family first.

My favorite part of the book was when she talks about Vanessa, a girl who was, as Miley puts it, “the sister God forgot to give me.” Vanessa was a 9-year-old suffering from cystic fibrosis. Miley met her at a hospital and they became instant friends. Miley kept in contact with her family and often visited Vanessa at the hospital or called when she was on tour. One day Miley called only to find out that Vanessa’s time on Earth had ended. Miley was devastated. She immediately got off the tour bus and lay down in a frozen field. This was when Miley realized how much she had needed Vanessa, and how important it is to love every day and not take it for granted. This was just one of Miley’s many beautiful stories.

Somewhere between introducing us to Pappy Cyrus, who changed so many lives, learning to accept her “cankles,” and sharing her love for eating eggs with syrup, Miley connects with readers. For someone so young, Miley is one of the most brilliant people I have ever seen. Her fame hasn’t changed her; she stays grounded with the help of her family and her faith.

When this book came out, I became Miley’s number-one fan all over again. In reading Miles to Go, I felt like a part of the family.

Diana101 GOLD said...
on Jun. 13 2010 at 3:02 pm
Diana101 GOLD, Grove City, Ohio

"God's delays are not God's denials"

I read this book for the first time last year. I was completly shocked at some of the things she went through as a girl!! I was also realized that she is a girl just like you and me:)

Great review!

on Jun. 2 2010 at 6:39 pm

Thank you so much!! Haha "rave review"!! You made my day!

on Jun. 2 2010 at 6:02 pm
Ninja_Writer BRONZE, Western Springs, Illinois
I had never heard of this book until now... this rave review of it is inspiring! (Keep writing and reviewing- you're awesome at it!!!!!)

on May. 29 2010 at 8:50 am
hopesdreamspizza GOLD, Emmaus, Pennsylvania
I lov this book!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

HOPEMVP said...
on May. 28 2010 at 8:57 am
awsome cooool

HOPEMVP said...
on May. 28 2010 at 8:56 am
cooool article

on May. 27 2010 at 10:27 pm

Thanks (: I really appreciate it!

cFoxx said...
on May. 27 2010 at 8:28 pm
i agree. and i'll read your new article, cause you're a good writer.

on May. 27 2010 at 4:31 pm

Thank you for taking your time to comment such a well-thought-out message (: I agree in that some of the stories could be dramatized, but I also think that it is important to grow from past experiences, so I don't think that necessarily forgetting all about your past is a good idea. I'm posting a new article that I wrote about how I now feel about Miley and the decisions she has been making recently. So, once the site "okays" it, it will be up and available to read. That article really explains my take on her as of now.

on May. 27 2010 at 4:22 pm

Oh my goodness, thank you so much! You made my day!! I'm glad I can inspire you (:

inayat BRONZE said...
on May. 27 2010 at 6:44 am
inayat BRONZE, Homewood, Ohio

meet yourself.............

wat ever my comments are for the writer of this passage

inayat BRONZE said...
on May. 27 2010 at 6:42 am
inayat BRONZE, Homewood, Ohio

meet yourself.............

good thoughts man!

inayat BRONZE said...
on May. 27 2010 at 6:39 am
inayat BRONZE, Homewood, Ohio

meet yourself.............

yup too good :-)

inayat BRONZE said...
on May. 27 2010 at 6:38 am
inayat BRONZE, Homewood, Ohio

meet yourself.............

She is a good writer. she has so many talents- here comes one more. and taylorSwiftmusic4life to writes so well. she inspires me . and u and i share some fav's!!!!!

cFoxx said...
on May. 24 2010 at 4:37 pm
Nikkiboo, you couldn't hae said it better. Halfway through this book, I suddenly realized that all it does it glamorize her...that was when I closed it with a BANG and chuked it in the dumpster...JUST KIDDING!

cFoxx said...
on May. 24 2010 at 4:33 pm
Andrnick, I sort of agree. If someone can write well about their feelings, they could make themselves sound like a super nice person or super mean person, which was probably what Miley's done. Jst reading her book is not the same as getting to know her.

cFoxx said...
on May. 24 2010 at 4:24 pm

I thought your review was pretty well written and you gave a very thorough talk about the book, Miles to Go.

Here's my opinion on Miles to go:

I can't say Miley is a very good writer, because to tell the truth, I kinda don't think she is (sorry!) But the photos in the center of the book were pretty well photographed. Also, I did kinda think the book was a little discriminating against atheists. I mean, I'm the same religion as Miley, but I think everyone should be allowed to have their own beliefs and in Miles to go, Miley was kind of speaking as though its wrong to be athiest or something...when discussing religion, I try to be careful and not diss other people's beliefs. I probably did write that book, but maybe not all by herself. I mean, it did say "with help from Hilary Liftin" or something.(I read the book some months ago so I can't remember exactly what it said ) It sounds like this book was mainly written to get haters to feel sorry for her.

She spent a lot of time talking about the bullies. It sounds as though she can't find it in her heart to forgive them yet.

About two years ago, I was bullied too, by a gang of girls. It was quite similiar to Miley's experience. The bullies got in trouble and have apoligized and I soon learned to forgive them. In fact, they're actually kinda nice to me now. If I were to write an autobiography, I really wouldn't waste one-thirds of it on how i was bullied, because I hardly ever think about it now. I don't let past things bother me.

And she probably dramatized some of the stories. A writer can make simple things sound dramatic.

Just because you read her book doesn't make up for actually getting to know her. I could one day write a story about myself and make myself sound like a super evil person or super nice person, that could be what Miley's doing.

- cFoxx

on May. 24 2010 at 11:27 am
hannah montana died from cocane overdose

on May. 19 2010 at 10:50 pm

When I wrote this review last year, my opinion on Miley was based on the same girl the world had been seeing for a few years: a down-to-earth, country, simple, giving girl who got lucky enough to live out her dreams. I was happy for her because she seemed grateful and grounded. I had been a huge fan of her's since I was in the 7th grade. I'm in 11th grade now, and this year, I've noticed Miley's change in attitude and in her life in general. This new Miley takes things for granted, conforms to the scummy outfits and ways of much older "artists", and overall is being someone completely the opposite of the girl she had been. I am very disappointed in Miley and it makes me sad actually that this is the path she chose to take. For so long, she was a positive role model to me and to many others. Now, I just hope others can pick up on the fact that Miley's actions are not ones to be imitated, especially by her young fan base. I agree with you completely.

on May. 19 2010 at 9:25 pm
1two3Kelsey PLATINUM, Peoria, Arizona

**~~ Please Geek Responsibly ~~**

:: Faith is to believe what you do not yet see, The reward for that faith is to see what you believe ::

** Why do we kill people who kill people, to show that killing people is wrong? **

Writergirl13, Of course she is going to dramatize certain things to make herself more interesting, and I'm sure her managers and editors added some things that aren't true, but I think that she wrote the basis and the editors put certain things in there too. Nice comment.

SciArc

MacMillan Books

Aspiring Writer? Take Our Online Course!