Miles to Go by Miley Cyrus MAG

By NoRulesJustWrite PLATINUM, Ada, Michigan
NoRulesJustWrite PLATINUM, Ada, Michigan

Stay happy, stay weird, and don't let anyone take away your smile.

Miles to Go took me on a road trip through the life of a girl I thought I already knew everything about. Boy, was I wrong. With every sentence, I felt like Miley was talking to me, having a sister-to-sister chat. She wrote this book with her heart, and that is why it is so meaningful.

Miley is not a cookie-cutter celebrity, like many say. She knows where she came from and won’t forget it. She lives by her values and holds onto her strong faith.

Miley’s family is always her top priority. While she may be famous and live in L.A., who she is hasn’t changed. If her little sister, Noah, wants her to stay home and watch a movie, Miley will. Even if Miley gets invited to a celebrity party, it’s clear that she will choose her family first.

My favorite part of the book was when she talks about Vanessa, a girl who was, as Miley puts it, “the sister God forgot to give me.” Vanessa was a 9-year-old suffering from cystic fibrosis. Miley met her at a hospital and they became instant friends. Miley kept in contact with her family and often visited Vanessa at the hospital or called when she was on tour. One day Miley called only to find out that Vanessa’s time on Earth had ended. Miley was devastated. She immediately got off the tour bus and lay down in a frozen field. This was when Miley realized how much she had needed Vanessa, and how important it is to love every day and not take it for granted. This was just one of Miley’s many beautiful stories.

Somewhere between introducing us to Pappy Cyrus, who changed so many lives, learning to accept her “cankles,” and sharing her love for eating eggs with syrup, Miley connects with readers. For someone so young, Miley is one of the most brilliant people I have ever seen. Her fame hasn’t changed her; she stays grounded with the help of her family and her faith.

When this book came out, I became Miley’s number-one fan all over again. In reading Miles to Go, I felt like a part of the family.

on Apr. 10 2011 at 6:32 pm
Fallenbunnybubu BRONZE, Clovis, California

I put my heart and soul into my work,

and have lost my mind in the process.

--Vincent Van Gogh

I agree. Miley Cyrus is an awesome singer and yeah she's made a lot of mistakes but she's getting back on track. I love the fact that she won't forget where she comes from and family is very important to her. I love Miley Cyrus...she's awesome and in some ways, a good role model because she never gives up on what she wants.....and she always states her opinions.

-Chanelle:D

on Mar. 29 2011 at 4:45 pm
Wow. that was a really good summary but Miley has gone down hill from the time she wrote that to now. she is a wreck.

Love Chick said...
on Mar. 29 2011 at 10:47 am
I like that comment and I already bought the book I love it and I dont know why everyone hates her the book tell me who she realy is and I love the book!

on Mar. 7 2011 at 7:23 pm
Don't worry i read it and it was an awesome book!!

on Mar. 7 2011 at 7:21 pm
THATS REALLY MEAN!!!

on Mar. 1 2011 at 6:53 pm
MyConstRuctd_IdentiTy SILVER, Chardon, Ohio

"One heartbeat."

"Our scars remind us of where we've been; they don't dictate where we're going."
-SSA David Rossi, Criminal Minds

Yeah, seriously. I mean, this? About a girl who's smoked sal.via? That's hilarious.

Totally mind-boggling, ya know?

on Mar. 1 2011 at 6:30 pm
splinteredsunlight GOLD, Williamsburg, Virginia

"To live is to suffer; to survive is to find some meaning in that suffering." -Friedrich Nietzsche

I don't think this is necessarily true. Some young people have had vast experience and accomplished a lot. Important and influential events can sometimes happen very early in life. I'm fifteen, but I've been through a lot in life already. See my nonfiction personal experience piece "My Journey Towards Discovering the Meaning of Life" if you want verification/clarification. Whether Miley Cyrus has yet done anything important with her life is a matter of opinion, but I think that it's a pretty broad and unfair statement to say that no one young has done something important in their lives, and it's not necessarily true.

on Mar. 1 2011 at 6:02 pm
SierraDavis BRONZE, Rathdrum, Idaho

Pink isn't just a color, it is an attitude!

I love mily's music!!! Good work!

on Mar. 1 2011 at 4:35 pm
flyingpinkgiraffes PLATINUM, Chardon, Ohio

"When in doubt, kill your main character." ~Me
"Worry is like a rocking chair. It will give you something to do, but it won't get you anywhere."

she holds onto her values?  yeah right

mileyrocks!! said...
on Feb. 14 2011 at 6:31 pm
cool face....sike!!

mileyrocks said...
on Feb. 14 2011 at 6:30 pm
yeahh i KNOW she wrote it!! Smart one!!

mileyrocks said...
on Feb. 14 2011 at 6:29 pm
you are boring jerk!!

on Feb. 12 2011 at 4:42 pm
BungalowBillPhotography, Juno, Alaska

egad

First off Im not a big fan of Miley, or any disney singers. But im not going to judge their personality, but only acting and singing. So all my opnions aside:  Your beginning really hooked me, and when you state something about her, you back it up. Although I would like to know more about what the book covers in her life, I'll live. Good job, keep writing! 

Hope Udarbe said...
on Feb. 9 2011 at 4:34 pm
Hope Udarbe, Westminster, Colorado
well that was boring

on Feb. 9 2011 at 1:37 pm
Number_One_Mommy GOLD, Springfield, Oregon

" Your Only Out Of The Game, When You Take Yourself Out!"
-My Daddy

This is EXACTLY how i felt when i was reading it! it felt like her and i were sitting down together and she was telling me all about her life. i thought i knew almost everything about her before this book but just like you boy was i WRONG! there's things in thos book that i didn't even know about her, i also believe that the people Hating on her need to stop and take a walk in her shoes...read her book....ot will have you amazedd!

on Feb. 6 2011 at 7:21 am
WelshSam BRONZE, Caerphilly, Other

There are too many to choose from.

And you think that she wrote this?!...

SteFanii said...
on Jan. 19 2011 at 2:35 pm
I am an absolute huge fan of Miley Cyrus I loved this review and you did a perfect review you didn't give too much away.  Anyway I would love for you to submit another review...I love to read book reviews.  I read tthe book Miles To Go in one sitting.  I have completed this book 37 times...i know, i know im wierd i have counted the number of times i have read this book i even have almost all her songs memorized...anyway you should check out some of my writings i think anybody would love them please leave comments...if you'd like... :)

on Jan. 16 2011 at 3:00 pm
HisPurePrincess ELITE, Flemington, New Jersey
i didn't know that she had written a book.  i will definitely look forward to reading it.  it's interesting, because sometimes I like Miley because she seems so warm and sweet and still pure.  But then there's other times that I just don't know what to think.  She seems to be in this breaking out phase of life and she's testing the lines, but I hope that this is who she is at heart.  thanks for writing this.

on Jan. 10 2011 at 10:41 pm
sunshine04 BRONZE, Vindhyanagar, Other
seems as its a good book and  every person has a story to telll

awesome13 said...
on Jan. 10 2011 at 7:16 am
well i understand that she wears naughty clothes but i just like her songs

SciArc

MacMillan Books

Aspiring Writer? Take Our Online Course!