Miles to Go by Miley Cyrus This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Miles to Go took me on a road trip through the life of a girl I thought I already knew everything about. Boy, was I wrong. With every sentence, I felt like Miley was talking to me, having a sister-to-sister chat. She wrote this book with her heart, and that is why it is so meaningful.

Miley is not a cookie-cutter celebrity, like many say. She knows where she came from and won’t forget it. She lives by her values and holds onto her strong faith.

Miley’s family is always her top priority. While she may be famous and live in L.A., who she is hasn’t changed. If her little sister, Noah, wants her to stay home and watch a movie, Miley will. Even if Miley gets invited to a celebrity party, it’s clear that she will choose her family first.

My favorite part of the book was when she talks about Vanessa, a girl who was, as Miley puts it, “the sister God forgot to give me.” Vanessa was a 9-year-old suffering from cystic fibrosis. Miley met her at a hospital and they became instant friends. Miley kept in contact with her family and often visited Vanessa at the hospital or called when she was on tour. One day Miley called only to find out that Vanessa’s time on Earth had ended. Miley was devastated. She immediately got off the tour bus and lay down in a frozen field. This was when Miley realized how much she had needed Vanessa, and how important it is to love every day and not take it for granted. This was just one of Miley’s many beautiful stories.

Somewhere between introducing us to Pappy Cyrus, who changed so many lives, learning to accept her “cankles,” and sharing her love for eating eggs with syrup, Miley connects with readers. For someone so young, Miley is one of the most brilliant people I have ever seen. Her fame hasn’t changed her; she stays grounded with the help of her family and her faith.

When this book came out, I became Miley’s number-one fan all over again. In reading Miles to Go, I felt like a part of the family.

Hope U. said...
Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:34 pm:
well that was boring

neversaynever replied...
Mar. 7, 2011 at 7:23 pm :
Don't worry i read it and it was an awesome book!!

FreeToDream_FreeToSing_17 said...
Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:37 pm:
This is EXACTLY how i felt when i was reading it! it felt like her and i were sitting down together and she was telling me all about her life. i thought i knew almost everything about her before this book but just like you boy was i WRONG! there's things in thos book that i didn't even know about her, i also believe that the people Hating on her need to stop and take a walk in her shoes...read her book....ot will have you amazedd!

WelshSam said...
Feb. 6, 2011 at 7:21 am:
And you think that she wrote this?!...

mileyrocks replied...
Feb. 14, 2011 at 6:30 pm :
yeahh i KNOW she wrote it!! Smart one!!

xelawriter97This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 19, 2011 at 8:25 pm :
I read the first couple paragraphs at my friends house - she had the book there and I was interested to see how it came out - and I didn't really understand what she was talking about. It made no sense, so I put it down. 

WelshSam replied...
Jun. 20, 2011 at 3:56 am :
And you know this how...?

Jun. 25, 2011 at 1:26 pm :
I know that she wrote it because it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever and because that's how I would expect her to write it... haha. 

SteFanii said...
I am an absolute huge fan of Miley Cyrus I loved this review and you did a perfect review you didn't give too much away.  Anyway I would love for you to submit another review...I love to read book reviews.  I read tthe book Miles To Go in one sitting.  I have completed this book 37 times...i know, i know im wierd i have counted the number of times i have read this book i even have almost all her songs memorized...anyway you should check out some of my writings i think anybody woul... (more »)

KatsKThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Mar. 19, 2012 at 5:27 pm :
Well, I disagree with your opinon,  as she isn't the best role model and has done stupid and inappropriate stuff already, among other things. Also, most of her songs don't actually mean that much. About your writing--the fact that you said "anyone would love them" seems pretty cocky to me. I'll stop lamenting and wasting my time as I'm sure you don't agree with a person who responds negatively to you, and anyways, to each his own.

FireandWater This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i didn't know that she had written a book.  i will definitely look forward to reading it.  it's interesting, because sometimes I like Miley because she seems so warm and sweet and still pure.  But then there's other times that I just don't know what to think.  She seems to be in this breaking out phase of life and she's testing the lines, but I hope that this is who she is at heart.  thanks for writing this.

devos said...
seems as its a good book and  every person has a story to telll

shaiiyshaiy said...
cool book i like it ,sycke

mileyrocks!! replied...
Feb. 14, 2011 at 6:31 pm :
cool face....sike!!

Killy Keebler said...
Dec. 10, 2010 at 8:07 am:
i love this book absolutely love it

bennyB said...
I dont like pop music period, but I do believe that there is a person behind everyperson

awesome13 replied...
Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:45 am :
I think miley cyrus is a great person and has a beautiful voice!!! i also think everyone has a different person on the outside

sunshine replied...
Jan. 7, 2011 at 11:37 am :
why do u think she has a good voice she is bad she wheres naughty clothes now

awesome13 replied...
Jan. 10, 2011 at 7:16 am :
well i understand that she wears naughty clothes but i just like her songs

albinorainbow replied...
Nov. 23, 2011 at 8:53 pm :
not to mention she got caught smoking bong, she pole danced at a children's award show, took some pervish snapshots of herself, what else? hmmmm

fizzi-lou said...
Nov. 11, 2010 at 10:24 am:
I must admit I'm not the worlds biggest Miley fan but this book is amazing and a definate must-read. I have both the hardback and update paperback versions of this book and I love to read it. For someone who is only the same age as me, she is very wise and writes very meaningfully in this book!