Miles to Go by Miley Cyrus | Teen Ink

Miles to Go by Miley Cyrus MAG

By NoRulesJustWrite PLATINUM, Ada, Michigan
NoRulesJustWrite PLATINUM, Ada, Michigan

Stay happy, stay weird, and don't let anyone take away your smile.

Miles to Go took me on a road trip through the life of a girl I thought I already knew everything about. Boy, was I wrong. With every sentence, I felt like Miley was talking to me, having a sister-to-sister chat. She wrote this book with her heart, and that is why it is so meaningful.

Miley is not a cookie-cutter celebrity, like many say. She knows where she came from and won’t forget it. She lives by her values and holds onto her strong faith.

Miley’s family is always her top priority. While she may be famous and live in L.A., who she is hasn’t changed. If her little sister, Noah, wants her to stay home and watch a movie, Miley will. Even if Miley gets invited to a celebrity party, it’s clear that she will choose her family first.

My favorite part of the book was when she talks about Vanessa, a girl who was, as Miley puts it, “the sister God forgot to give me.” Vanessa was a 9-year-old suffering from cystic fibrosis. Miley met her at a hospital and they became instant friends. Miley kept in contact with her family and often visited Vanessa at the hospital or called when she was on tour. One day Miley called only to find out that Vanessa’s time on Earth had ended. Miley was devastated. She immediately got off the tour bus and lay down in a frozen field. This was when Miley realized how much she had needed Vanessa, and how important it is to love every day and not take it for granted. This was just one of Miley’s many beautiful stories.

Somewhere between introducing us to Pappy Cyrus, who changed so many lives, learning to accept her “cankles,” and sharing her love for eating eggs with syrup, Miley connects with readers. For someone so young, Miley is one of the most brilliant people I have ever seen. Her fame hasn’t changed her; she stays grounded with the help of her family and her faith.

When this book came out, I became Miley’s number-one fan all over again. In reading Miles to Go, I felt like a part of the family.

J-K-Rowling said...
on Feb. 25 2019 at 2:18 am
J-K-Rowling, London, Other
@BabySnickers15 ew Selena Gomez is too 2017. At least Miley Cyrus can sing well!

LanaM BRONZE said...
on Nov. 28 2018 at 9:50 am
LanaM BRONZE, Hoschton, Georgia

Writing is the best way to travel somewhere, and take others with you on the journey. -Lana M

Love Miley!

LanaM BRONZE said...
on Nov. 28 2018 at 9:50 am
LanaM BRONZE, Hoschton, Georgia

Love Miley!

BabySnickers15 SILVER, Columbus, Ohio

"I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying" ~Michael Jordan~
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams" ~Franklin Delano Roosevelt~

she came in like a wrecking ball.

BabySnickers15 SILVER, Columbus, Ohio

I love Miles to Go but when Miley went and started doing drugs and P O R N I totally lost faith in her. Selena Gomez on the other hand is perfectly fine

BabySnickers15 SILVER, Columbus, Ohio

OMG!! This is amazing. I love the book.

nerdyfish SILVER, Peabody, Massachusetts
Oh my gosh! This review makes me want to rent it from the library. Keep up the good work and stay true to your heart. Nice review.

on Feb. 11 2013 at 11:08 am
lilly.gilmore, Blue Bell, Pennsylvania

"When life gives you lined paper, write the other way"
-William Carlos Williams

i love this book

Aeryka BRONZE said...
Aeryka BRONZE, San Antonio, Texas

"Armadillos lurk in your toaster" " Holy kitty-cow, hi!!!"

That's so cool! I want the book now!

miley cyrus said...
on Nov. 7 2012 at 11:27 am
this book is not that good for some but it ok i'm not than good so reply for more book like than so late bye bye :)

I thought this review summed up the story perfectly. I agree that the style and voice of the writing was as if she were talking to you personally. Sometimes I wonder if there is a side to the teen sensation that the media won't tell us about - this book shows that.    Although Miley has seemed to change her values in the years since she wrote the book, I wonder if there is still a part of that sensitive young girl inside.    Thanks for a great review. :) 

KaTie98 said...
on Oct. 17 2012 at 8:43 am
KaTie98, Reykjavík, Other
I think this review was really good! It did exactly what book reviews are supposed to do, I got interested in a book I would never even think about reading. . I am not a Miley fan but I have nothing against her. I like her music and I think she is a great actress. But this review changed my view towards her, now I just like her more!

on Oct. 10 2012 at 10:01 am
i think that tis is a good book becaeuse it tells how your life is and what happened in ur life.

I understand. This review is from years ago when she was a better role model. Sad to see her this way.

on Sep. 25 2012 at 9:31 am
PaperWriter SILVER, Cornwall, Other

'When the first baby laughed for the first time, that laugh broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies.' - J.M.Barrie

For some reason I've always like Miley, there is just something about her. After this great review I will be checking this book out of the library! Well done :)

. said...
I agree with you!

GabrielleAtkinson BRONZE, Oak Ridge, Tennessee

Wait just one second I have to finish writing.

I Am Sorry I Thought She Was Amazing, But Now She Does Drugs And P o r n. I Don't Ever Think Of Her As A Role Model Again I Am Not Being Mean I Just Cannot Trust Her Again

asofnow GOLD said...
asofnow GOLD, Troy, Michigan

Nothing gold can stay ~ Robert Frost

Ghost writer means somebody helped write the book for her. In addition, they may have written white lies in it.

Kari Fordice said...
When I first read this I felted so much love, heartfelt touch and emotion. The title Miles To Go out of me I smile and couldn't wait to read it. As for u all face bookers, here's what I do get up active lee go stores or libraries to get this.

KatsK DIAMOND said...
KatsK DIAMOND, Saint Paul, Minnesota

Being inexhaustible, life and nature are a constant stimulus for a creative mind.
~Hans Hofmann
You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
~Ray Bradbury

Well, I disagree with your opinon,  as she isn't the best role model and has done stupid and inappropriate stuff already, among other things. Also, most of her songs don't actually mean that much. About your writing--the fact that you said "anyone would love them" seems pretty cocky to me. I'll stop lamenting and wasting my time as I'm sure you don't agree with a person who responds negatively to you, and anyways, to each his own.