Heist Society by Ally Carter | Teen Ink

Heist Society by Ally Carter

By iceskatingqueen BRONZE, West Jordan, Utah
iceskatingqueen BRONZE, West Jordan, Utah
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

Heist Society is an easy read and entertaining. The main character, Katherine Bishop, known as Kat, tries to escape her past life as a thief. Readers can easily relate to how much one would like to start over with their life and put the past in their back of their minds.

In this book, Kat is pulled back to the life of crime when she gets kicked out of prep school and figures out that someone is framing her dad for stealing paintings. But she knows that’s not true because her dad was stealing something else that night. Kat, now determined, sets off with her cousin and a couple of other people to find who really stole the painting and is framing her dad.

There’re so many conflicts other than the main one, like sibling rivalry that everyone can relate to which is one thing I like about this book. There’re so many characters that it’s really hard to not relate to any of them. Sibling rivalry is something almost everyone can relate to. In the book, Kat and her cousin Gabrielle, are always fighting. They have never been on good terms. But suddenly, when Kat’s Dad needs help, they team up and work together to save her dad.

Kat has a way of working together as a team while pairing humor and sarcasm with her friends and team members. The element of suspense is also used in this story greatly. Unexpectedly, the antagonist shows up in different locations, talking to Kat. The rise in action is very important because it has the elements of suspense, as we, as readers, are glued to the book, reading page after page to see what happened.

I recommend this book for young teens and pre-teens. Also, other books by Ally Carter and other books in this series are also equally amazing.