There's a Boy in the Girl's Bathroom | Teen Ink

There's a Boy in the Girl's Bathroom

March 15, 2016
By Awesomeperson11 BRONZE, Norridge, Illinois
Awesomeperson11 BRONZE, Norridge, Illinois
1 article 0 photos 0 comments


Failure. Hate. These are the things Bradley goes through in school until he meets a new friend. Throughout the story, people’s feelings towards him change drastically. There’s a Boy in the Girl’s Bathroom by Louis Sachar takes you to journey with Bradley as he struggles with school and friends.
Bradley Chalkers is the protagonist in There’s a Boy in the Girl’s Bathroom, Jeff Fishkins, who is sort of Bradley’s friend, and Carla Davis, Bradley’s counselor. In his school, the teachers and students ignore him. He sits in the back of the class, last row, last seat and never pays attention. He gets an F on every test and is proud of it. He wants everyone to hate him because he wants everyone to leave him alone. Everyone hates him, especially the teachers.
The story has realistic characters and has humorous figurative language. The story mostly takes place at Red Hill School. The story is told in 3rd person. The story had a lot of humor in it and in some parts of the story, it made me laugh.
I like this book because it was humorous and it brings joy to me to the ending of the story. The writing was moving to me because it shows an insightful look into what makes a person “good” and “bad”. The voice in the writing gave life to the story and it helped the author convey his point.
I think this book has a very humorous tone. The book has influenced me to not judge others by their appearance, but their personality. Get to know them before you start judging. There’s a Boy in the Girl’s Bathroom is funny and enjoyable and I recommend reading it.