Eon: Dragoneye Reborn

Books with strong female leads are always refreshing, especially when the girl is masquerading as boy. Goodman's Empire of Celestial Dragons is a wonderful fusion of Japanese and Chinese customs: it is deeply rooted in the importance of rank, veneration of elders, and secrets that are characteristic of those cultures.

There is a bit of something for everyone: there is the struggles of a kingdom with a dying emperor and others who want to take the throne; there is the aspect of it enthralled in the powerful hidden dragons that, through their respective Dragoneyes, protect the kingdom; and there is a girl'masquerading very well as a boy'doing everything in her power to keep the Empire of Celestial Dragons from the wrong hands.

It has wonderful descriptions and riveting story that keeps the reader from the beginning to end'resonating with the reader at the part where Eona turns her worst with everything falling to pieces around her. The overwhelming conclusion leaves the reader part satisfied and part hungry for the sequel.