Sleeping Freshmen Never Lie by David Lubar | Teen Ink

Sleeping Freshmen Never Lie by David Lubar

March 14, 2016
By Katarina124 BRONZE, Norridge, Illinois
Katarina124 BRONZE, Norridge, Illinois
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Sleeping Freshmen Never Lie Review
Sleeping Freshmen Never Lie by David Lubar is one of the best books I ever read. The genre of Sleeping freshmen Never lie is young-adult fiction. This book is about a boy named Scott Hudson and his best friend's journey through the beginning of high school. Scott overcomes a lot of obstacles and stays strong in his freshmen year of highschool.
Scott’s possy consists of Patrick, Kyle, and Mitch. The book starts off by Scott’s gang playing basketball the day before their first day of highschool. Everyone is scared to transition to high school. Scott and his friends start to hangout less and less because of all of their responsibilities. Scott ends up falling for a girl from his past and does crazy things to be around her. Scott’s family has many problems but they always end up figuring it all out.  
David Lubar uses very good dialogue in Sleeping Freshmen Never Lie. I feel like the dialogue brings the book to life. Most of the book takes place in J. P. Zenger High School. That is the school that Scott goes to. The story also takes place in Scots house. The book is told in first person point of view and sometimes in third person point of view. I think that the mood of my book is very chill.
This book was literally so good. I loved it because it always made me laugh and smile. The book had a lot of twists and turns, but everything ends up being okay. I really liked how the author made Scott have these lists on all the important things about high school. I find that those lists were very helpful, funny, and realistic. I think that the author made this book a story to remember.
Overall Sleeping Freshmen Never Lie  was a very interesting book. I learned a lot from this book from. I learned very important life lessons from Scotts lists, which are actually very true and funny. I hope that everyone reads this book because it is a very wonderful book.