Twilight By Stephenie Meyer | Teen Ink

Twilight By Stephenie Meyer

By Bekka BRONZE, Cave Junction, Oregon
Bekka BRONZE, Cave Junction, Oregon

In the ever so famous book, Twilight, a typical high school girl moves to a town called Forks. She's the new girl in school, and soon she falls in love with Edward Cullen, one of the local vampires.

This book is very poorly written, with parts with far too many details, and other parts with not enough. The so called villains in this book have horrible reasons to pursue Bella, and even worse, they only come into the story at the end. They were thrown into the book as if they were an after thought, and one would have to read more than 300 pages into the book to get to the most exciting part, which really wasn't that good in the first place.

Traditionally vampire stories are told to scare, and Twilight completely ruined that image. Instead of adventure and mystery surrounding them, you get love, lust, and sparkles. Bella teaches young people that you cannot live without a man by your side and that is a terrible lesson no one needs to learn, because it is simply ridiculous.

So many people are captivated by Twilight only because Edward. He is described every 2 seconds as a shockingly beautiful creature, with no imperfections at all, which is not only annoying, but pathetic.

ThereIsAlwaysHope GOLD, Belfast, Other

'Miles to go before I sleep'
- Robert Frost

Obviously you are completely entitled to your own opinion and I respect that but I disagree with you here. I personally think that Twilight is an amazing book that shows two sides to so called 'evil' and I don't think that readers are only captivated because of Edward, I think that Bella is just as much a character as Edward and I certainly did not fall in love with the twilight saga because of Edward alone.

Jordon xx

a_bunch_of_nuns, Unknown, Wisconsin
Yes, I DO agree with this review! Twilight WAS horribly written and pretty sterotypical. I mean, who is always (repeat: ALWAYS) their to save this Bella? Edward.

My reading of the book went like so: I read the first few chapters, got bored and skipped to the end, in which I found rather lame and chucked the book to the wall. I mean really! How stupid could you get?!

xoaminaxo94 said...
on Mar. 1 2009 at 3:32 am
okay i tottaly disagree! i think she is a really great writer and young girls read this and escape from their inperfect lives and it helps them it gives them somthing to escape to!

Kaayylaa GOLD said...
on Feb. 28 2009 at 3:06 am
Kaayylaa GOLD, Raleigh, North Carolina
I strongly disagree with this review in some points and agree in others. I think that yes indeed this book was told with a lot of detail in some parts and not enough in others. Sometimes I get the feeling the Bella is portraying the idea that a man is needed at your side. But reading this review and I think I stand for most Twilight readers, that you not help the fact that Edward is perfect in every way and we all secretly want him to be real. But the sad truth to this book is that is conveying a fictional and poorly idealic plot line which many readers take out of context. I myself like Twilight, but that the opinion of a reader not a skimmer.

im sorry but everything you have wriitien about in this review is horrible! this is one of the best books ever. i mean, its not poorly written, and its very discrpitive so you can actually imagine whats going on. and most girls dont just like twilight because of edward! i mean, seriously hes fictional! me and my freinds joke around and stuff and say that we are in lovwe with him, but were not being serious! and why ar e you such a twilight hater? its the perfect action/romance/horror book ever!