Drums, Girls, and Dangerous Pie by Jordan Sonnenblick

Drums, Girls, and Dangerous Pie is narrated by 13 year old Steven writing in his journal during English class. He has a crush on the hottest girl in school, and an angelic looking little brother, Jeffery. One morning, Jeffery gets a nosebleed that changes his and Steven's life. Steven finds out Jeffery has lukemia.In the book, Steven is constantly complaining that his parents don't pay enough attention to him. Steven doesn't realize the pain jeffery is going through. Soon, Steven's parents are in debt from medical bills, and straight-A Steven is failing classes because of missing homework. Steven even has to drop out of the high-school band, his the only thing that keeps him going.
All the characters and situations in Drums, Girls, and Dangerous Pie are very believable. The end is happy with a sad twist. Read this book - it'll leave you wet-eyed and greatful you took the time. Personally,this is my favorite book.

tinytechie said...
i agree that this is an amazing book! have you read the sequal? is it any good? my only note is this: you gave too much summary and not enough opinion.

StarShot said...
This was by far one of the greatest books i have ever read. The sequel After Ever After that is narrerated  by a 13 year old Jeffery is also a very good book.

AzureNova said...
I've read this book and others from Jordan Sonnenblick. It's a really good book. It's sad and serious, with a lot of humor in it as well. The characters are very relatable, and the way Steven reacts to Jeffrey's lukemia is realistic. I'd highly recommend this.

Kimalima said...
i havent but i'll be sure to check it out :)

papermaster111 said...
I loved this book!  It was so funny and sweet at the same time.  Have you read Notes from the Midnight Driver by the same author?  It is really good!

Bluekit replied...
i love that book!

Luver-of-music said...
Thats sounds like a sad book. I kinda now how that feels , well actually not really

Kimalima said...
thanks for the tips. i wrote it a while ago, but now i am older and better at this.

kandoodle1 said...
This book was one of the bet I have ever read honestly. I was left open mouthed when I read that when Steven found out that his brother had leukemia, he was relieved.

reader101 said...
Jan. 14, 2010 at 4:35 am
omg!!!..this book is really good..
i think it was sad though i cried wen
i found out about little jeffy
man this book is funny aswell
which i thnk gives a little twist....

t.gaskin said...
This is by far the most amazing book I myself have ever read. I love it.

Matthew M. said...
It was insightful, but it never really gave me a look into the book. I don't know how to explainw what I'm trying to say, so I'm sorry if I'm not being very helpful here.

This is supposed to be a book review, but let it was more those little articles that you see on the side or on the back of the certain novel that pretty much tells you too much. It was decent though, so I'll vote.

Amber1994 said...
I really liked this book. Very emotional and well written.
-check out my poems and comment!-

Kattykat418 said...
hi guys, please vote!! Also vote for my other articles. u can read about me too on the link. enjoy!
Kat